Velocity Reviews

-   -   What would you do if this happened to you? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566634-what-would-you-do-if-this-happened-to-you.html)

cowboyzlinux 07-19-2003 11:03 AM

What would you do if this happened to you?

List of things happened reguarding this manner in view of owner.

Computers RAM playing up, don't know what is wrong.

Ring company brought computer off (brought whole computer off computer
shop as a whole computer (not components))

Return under warrenty to Auckland. (from hamilton)

1 week later gets machine back but won't boot at all.

return to company.

1 week later gets machine back. Floppy drive is pushed right back into
case so you can't get a disc in it.

Machine is working fine but no floppy drive.

Pull side off machine to inpect.

Floppy drive not plugged into motherboard.

floppy drive not screwed in

hard drive/floppy drive bay is bent sideways.

hard drive is screwed in on one side and on an angle.

Motherboard is 'flopping' about on one side. closer inspection shows
clips that hold the motherboard to the case are broken.

Network card has popped out at the rear of the card, bending the 'stick
bit' that screws it to the case.

Plug floppy drive in and network card and boot machine to find it is
working fine.

What would you do?

Jay 07-19-2003 11:33 AM

Re: What would you do if this happened to you?

cowboyzlinux wrote:

> What would you do?

Claim for damage in transit.
Did you sign off with the courier?
Bad luck if you did!

cowboyzlinux 07-19-2003 12:07 PM

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:33:54 +1000, Jay wrote:

> cowboyzlinux wrote:
>
>> What would you do?

> Claim for damage in transit.
> Did you sign off with the courier?
> Bad luck if you did!

This is where the whole thing takes an ugly turn. I am sure this has
happened to someone plenty of times before.

The machine is my fathers and had it returned to his work. Signed yes but
not inspected. I was talking to him before and he has now decided to do
nothing and take it as it comes.

Master Tech 07-19-2003 12:26 PM

Re: What would you do if this happened to you?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:03:25 +1200, "cowboyzlinux" <cowboyzlinux@ihug.co.nz>
wrote:

>List of things happened reguarding this manner in view of owner.
>
>Computers RAM playing up, don't know what is wrong.
>
>Ring company brought computer off (brought whole computer off computer
>shop as a whole computer (not components))
>
>Return under warrenty to Auckland. (from hamilton)
>
>1 week later gets machine back but won't boot at all.
>
>return to company.
>
>1 week later gets machine back. Floppy drive is pushed right back into
>case so you can't get a disc in it.
>
>Machine is working fine but no floppy drive.
>
>Pull side off machine to inpect.
>
>Floppy drive not plugged into motherboard.
>
>floppy drive not screwed in
>
>hard drive/floppy drive bay is bent sideways.
>
>hard drive is screwed in on one side and on an angle.
>
>Motherboard is 'flopping' about on one side. closer inspection shows
>clips that hold the motherboard to the case are broken.
>
>Network card has popped out at the rear of the card, bending the 'stick
>bit' that screws it to the case.
>

>Plug floppy drive in and network card and boot machine to find it is
>working fine.
>

>What would you do?

Get your money back..

Seems like you bought Crap.

cowboyzlinux 07-19-2003 06:46 PM

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 05:37:47 +1200, Gurble wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:03:25 +1200, "cowboyzlinux"
> <cowboyzlinux@ihug.co.nz> had this to say:
>
>>What would you do?

> Buy off a respectable, service-oriented company next time?

I am sure it is not my place to trash this firm. I believe any trashing
of a firm should be done 'from the horses mouth'

Therefore I am not going to say what firm it was but it is an established
computer shop (rather than a retail store)

I guess every firm has their bad days. I just can't figure out what would
have broken the motherboard clips like that or bend the inside so badly.
After all, the outside remains undamaged.

Peter 07-19-2003 07:17 PM

Re: What would you do if this happened to you?

this quote is from cowboyzlinux of Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:46 :

> I am sure it is not my place to trash this firm. I believe any trashing
> of a firm should be done 'from the horses mouth'

If it is a reputable firm, they'll see their customers right. (If they know
about the problem, that is.)

> I guess every firm has their bad days. I just can't figure out what would
> have broken the motherboard clips like that or bend the inside so badly.
> After all, the outside remains undamaged.

If it is a damage in transit problem, it should be covered by the transport
companies insurance. That's what it is there for.

You or your father should speak up and let the computer company know that
things aren't right. You have to at least give them a chance to fix
things.

HTH

Peter

R-Slicks 07-19-2003 08:56 PM

Re: What would you do if this happened to you?

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:46:37 +1200, "cowboyzlinux"
<cowboyzlinux@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I guess every firm has their bad days. I just can't figure out what would
>have broken the motherboard clips like that or bend the inside so badly.
>After all, the outside remains undamaged.

Bad days or not, this is inexcusable. I would have taken a photo and
emailed it to the manager or someone else in high authority and
complained bitterly. If it is the first time then I would likely leave
it at that. If not, then I would inform them that I will not use their
services again due to their poor service and lack of quality control.
--
DO NOT reply to jpreou@hotmail.com - it is simply a spam catch.
You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"

jfwilson 07-19-2003 09:15 PM

"cowboyzlinux" <cowboyzlinux@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message

> What would you do?

Email this thread to their net sales contact and
ask them the same question. :)

Bret 07-19-2003 09:26 PM

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:24:53 +1200, Bret <at@at.corn> wrote:

>On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 06:46:37 +1200, "cowboyzlinux"
><cowboyzlinux@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>I guess every firm has their bad days. I just can't figure out what would
>>have broken the motherboard clips like that or bend the inside so badly.
>>After all, the outside remains undamaged.

>I know!
>The courier.

On second thoughts I don't think the courier would unscrew your
floppy.

T.N.O. 07-19-2003 10:42 PM

cowboyzlinux wrote:

> List of things happened reguarding this manner in view of owner.
>
> Computers RAM playing up, don't know what is wrong.
>
> Ring company brought computer off (brought whole computer off computer
> shop as a whole computer (not components))
>
> Return under warrenty to Auckland. (from hamilton)
>
> 1 week later gets machine back but won't boot at all.
>
> return to company.
>
> 1 week later gets machine back. Floppy drive is pushed right back into
> case so you can't get a disc in it.
>
> Machine is working fine but no floppy drive.
>
> Pull side off machine to inpect.
>
> Floppy drive not plugged into motherboard.
>
> floppy drive not screwed in
>
> hard drive/floppy drive bay is bent sideways.
>
> hard drive is screwed in on one side and on an angle.
>
> Motherboard is 'flopping' about on one side. closer inspection shows
> clips that hold the motherboard to the case are broken.
>
> Network card has popped out at the rear of the card, bending the 'stick
> bit' that screws it to the case.
>

> Plug floppy drive in and network card and boot machine to find it is
> working fine.
>

> What would you do?

Tell them.