Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Bug in 3D cards, Nvidia ones can't be fixed.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566633-re-bug-in-3d-cards-nvidia-ones-cant-be-fixed.html)

Nicholas Sherlock 07-19-2003 09:02 AM

"Master Tech " <mt@electronics.co.nz> wrote in message

> Have a read
>

> NVIDIA-based Graphics Cards Will Have a Bug in Half-Life 2?
>
> FSAA Cannot Be Enabled
>

> http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...718155730.html

Not really a bug, more of an unanticipated situation when they were coding
their FSAA.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Scott 07-19-2003 10:41 AM

"Nicholas Sherlock" <n_sherlock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Master Tech " <mt@electronics.co.nz> wrote in message
> >

> > Have a read
> >

> > NVIDIA-based Graphics Cards Will Have a Bug in Half-Life 2?
> >
> > FSAA Cannot Be Enabled
> >

> > http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...718155730.html
> >

> Not really a bug, more of an unanticipated situation when they were coding
> their FSAA.

What's a bug if it's not an "unnticipated situation"?
Surely it's still a bug....?

Chris Mayhew 07-19-2003 12:19 PM

Re: Bug in 3D cards, Nvidia ones can't be fixed..

"Scott" <****off@spammer.com> wrote in

> "Nicholas Sherlock" <n_sherlock@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Not really a bug, more of an unanticipated situation when they were
>> coding their FSAA.
>>

> What's a bug if it's not an "unnticipated situation"?
> Surely it's still a bug....?

I guess it would depend on who was describing it - an end user for example
might call it a bug while a suposed (probabily self proclaimed) programming
and internet guru might put their own "spin" on it and call it an
"unanticipated situation" :)

--
Chris Mayhew using Xnews !

samg 07-19-2003 09:41 PM

Re: Bug in 3D cards, Nvidia ones can't be fixed..

Chris Mayhew <me@there.com> wrote in
?

> I guess it would depend on who was describing it - an end user for
> example might call it a bug while a suposed (probabily self
> proclaimed) programming and internet guru might put their own "spin"
> on it and call it an "unanticipated situation" :)

or a feature :)

Nicholas Sherlock 07-19-2003 11:30 PM

"samg" <samg@inter.net> wrote in message
> Chris Mayhew <me@there.com> wrote in
> ?
> >
> > I guess it would depend on who was describing it - an end user for
> > example might call it a bug while a suposed (probabily self
> > proclaimed) programming and internet guru might put their own "spin"
> > on it and call it an "unanticipated situation" :)
> >

> or a feature :)

Hey.. when you document it, it offically becomes a feature :)

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Bruce Sinclair 07-21-2003 01:54 AM

In article <Xns93BE622A0725Bsamg@203.97.37.6>, samg <samg@inter.net> wrote:
>Chris Mayhew <me@there.com> wrote in
>?
>>
>> I guess it would depend on who was describing it - an end user for
>> example might call it a bug while a suposed (probabily self
>> proclaimed) programming and internet guru might put their own "spin"
>> on it and call it an "unanticipated situation" :)

>or a feature :)

Ah ! ... the marketing department is involved :)

Bruce

Oook !
NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !