Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: spam free email address? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566577-re-spam-free-email-address.html)

Master Tech 07-15-2003 09:28 AM

Re: spam free email address?

Ken wrote:
> Is there a way of having an email address that is difficult for
> spammers to use?

Have you considered using Ihug's i-Spy service ? $2.50 per month. About the
cost of 1 cup of coffee.

Since signing up, my spam has dropped to about 5 a week. Not too shabby.

XPD 07-15-2003 10:39 AM

Re: spam free email address?

"Master Tech " <masturbate@woger.com.org.qq> wrote in message
> Ken wrote:
> > Is there a way of having an email address that is difficult for
> > spammers to use?

> Have you considered using Ihug's i-Spy service ? $2.50 per month. About

the
> cost of 1 cup of coffee.
>
> Since signing up, my spam has dropped to about 5 a week. Not too shabby.

Stupid thing is, IIRC, they used to prevent spam for free anyway....soon as
ISpy was implemented I got 150% more spam thru them because they took away
the filters they already had in place preventing it all...

Master Tech 07-15-2003 09:00 PM

Re: spam free email address?

> Stupid thing is, IIRC, they used to prevent spam for free
> anyway....soon as ISpy was implemented I got 150% more spam thru them
> because they took away the filters they already had in place
> preventing it all...

That's a shame. But overall, my spam has dropped considerably with the ISpy
service, with no extra work from my part - that's the most pleasing bit !

John Hornblow 07-15-2003 10:16 PM

Re: spam free email address?

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:00:31 +1200, "Master Tech "
<masturbate@woger.com.org.qq> wrote:

I agree, for $2.50 a month its well worth it..
I dont understand why they dont have a filter for foreign characters
eg I still get some spam in chineese characters

m00se 07-15-2003 10:31 PM

Re: spam free email address?

John Hornblow wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:00:31 +1200, "Master Tech "
> <masturbate@woger.com.org.qq> wrote:
>
> I agree, for $2.50 a month its well worth it..
> I dont understand why they dont have a filter for foreign characters
> eg I still get some spam in chineese characters

Because if youre chinese, and being sent mail in chinese from chinese
people youd not get mail.