Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566469-re-4-questions-about-maxnet-jetstart-adsl.html)

Peter 07-09-2003 07:03 AM

Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL

this quote is from John Doe of Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:54 :
> I have the following questions about Maxnet :
> 1) Is their news server running reliably now ? Looks like it used to
> be quite chaotic, didn't it ?

Yes, up to about April, it was quite unreliable. Since then it has been
very good. I use it most days.

The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit ****ed off
at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
elsewhere.

HTH

Peter

Nick 07-09-2003 07:55 AM

Re: 4 questions about Maxnet Jetstart ADSL

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:03:17 +1200, Peter <nospamjynyl@yahoo.co.nz>
wrote:

>The Jetstart scheme was unlimited MB, but they recently brought in a limit
>of 12 GB/month on international traffic. Although I was a bit ****ed off
>at this, it hasn't been a problem at all. NZ traffic is unlimited. If you
>need more than 12GB/month of international traffic, you need to look
>elsewhere.

Yes I was expecting (ever since I joined) a change to capped service
at some point, and 12GB is one of the best around. Let's face it,
unlimited traffic is simply not sustainable in the real world. I still
quit them simply because they woulnd't remove the lid on FTP and P2P
even with the traffic cap. Now compare to paradise or orcon at least,
that's crap. Oh, their account closure process is also worth noting
too, but enough have been said on this in one of the previous threads,
so I'll save my breath here (dig out from google if u like).