Velocity Reviews

-   -   Win95 on FAT32? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t566460-win95-on-fat32.html)

Rider 07-09-2003 12:47 AM

Win95 on FAT32?

For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

Rider

Invisible 07-09-2003 01:18 AM

Re: Win95 on FAT32?

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:47:37 +1200, "Rider" <the_rider_@NOSPAMMMhotmail.com>
wrote:

>For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
>cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
>formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
>Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

Version B should be fine on a FAT32 partition.

Matthew G Brown 07-09-2003 01:20 AM

Re: Win95 on FAT32?

FAT32 Support started with Windows 95 Service Release 2 (OSR2). In the
service release two series there was 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 all of which support
FAT32. These three versions inside of Windows 95 were displayed as a "B",
"b" and "C" versions. The service release 2 series was only released OEM,
there was never any retail versions produced.

Rider 07-09-2003 01:52 AM

Re: Win95 on FAT32?

"Rider" <the_rider_@NOSPAMMMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
> cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
> formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
> Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't

remember.

> Rider

Thanks guys, I had thought version B would be ok so thats what I loaded. You
have put my mind at ease though .. thanks for the help.

Rider

Mainlander 07-09-2003 05:21 AM

Re: Win95 on FAT32?

In article <befon7$8dg$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, the_rider_@NOSPAMMMhotmail.com
says...
> For the life of me, because its been awhile since I played with Win95 .. I
> cant remember if there are any issues about installing it on a FAT32
> formatted hard drive. Do I have to make it a FAT16 formatted hard drive?
> Something is niggling me that it should be FAT16 but I just can't remember.

Only Service Release 2 and later actually support FAT32, I don't think
there are any issues if you have one of these versions.