Velocity Reviews

-   -   the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Windows 2000 Can'tread it but 2003 can. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t564919-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable-windows-2000-cantread-it-but-2003-can.html)

Crypto 12-31-2007 08:36 AM

the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. Windows 2000 Can'tread it but 2003 can.

I have a desktop PC that has two hard drives, C: and D:. I installed
Windows 2000 in drive c: and then Windows server 2003 in drive d:.
When I boot up the system with Windows 2003 selected in the
multibooting menu, both hard drives are recognized and can be
accessed. But with Windows 2000, D: drive icon shows up in the My
Computer window, but when I double click it, an error occurs saying
"the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".

I don't know why the drive is said to be corrupted only with one
operating system, not the other.

FYI, I installed Windows 2000 first and then 2003. Even after
installing 2003, I was able to access both C: and D: with no problem.
Then a few days later, I started having this problem with D:. By the
way, D: is Western Digital 250gb IDE hard disk.

Any idea why this happens and how I can fix this?