Velocity Reviews

-   -   Extracting one row of data (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t564503-extracting-one-row-of-data.html)

zazu 12-29-2007 06:40 AM

Extracting one row of data

I am a novice, However I have created an xml file to use with Spry in
Dreamweaver CS3. My file looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<dataroot xmlns:od="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:officedata"
generated="2007-12-26T13:00:09">
<BestSellerTable>
<SKU>0473053802</SKU>
<Title>Edmonds Cookery Book</Title>
<Description>A few words</Description>
<Cost>$28.00</Cost>
<Pic>0473053802-2.jpg</Pic>
<Link>celebrity_chef/edmonds/0473053802.htm</Link>
<ProdOpt>21</ProdOpt>
</BestSellerTable>
<BestSellerTable>
<SKU>9781869588656</SKU>
<Title>The Essential Digby Law</Title>
<Description>A few words</Description>
<Cost>$39.00</Cost>
<Pic>9781869588656-2.jpg</Pic>
<Link>celebrity_chef/digby_law/9781869588656.htm</Link>
<ProdOpt>98</ProdOpt>
</BestSellerTable>

Perhaps another 10 rows. My question is - using the Spry functionality
is it possible to extract a specific row of data from this file and
locate it in a specific position on my page. Extract a second row and
locate it elsewhere on my page, and so on for other rows. I have
played around with "choose" and selecting row id's and followed a few
examples in books, but to no avail. At this stage I have created
seperate xml files for each location. The data is exported from Access
and multiple files seems innefficient

Any help appreciated