Velocity Reviews

-   -   trouble adding pc to wireless network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t564357-trouble-adding-pc-to-wireless-network.html)

bunlbug 12-28-2007 04:20 PM

trouble adding pc to wireless network

I have an older pc (XP Home SP2) that I want to add to my wireless network.
My router is set for WPA and all the other devices on the network work fine,
however when I go to this older pc, select my wireless network properties,
under network authentication I only have WEP or Disable as choices. I’m
using a Linksys wusb11 adapter on the pc - the router is a Linksys befw11s4.
Any help would be appreciated!

iPC 12-28-2007 04:45 PM

Re: trouble adding pc to wireless network

Update for Windows XP (KB893357)
Brief Description
This update to Windows XP provides support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 2
(WPA2), which is the latest standards-based wireless security solution
derived from the IEEE 802.11i standard.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 12-29-2007 01:20 AM

Re: trouble adding pc to wireless network

Hi
Windows Wireless configuration takes the info concerning the Wireless
hardware from the device's drivers.
If the Device drivers (and in all likely hood the device itself) does not
support WPA windows would not support not either,
Jack (MVP-Networking).