Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   MCAD finish track (w/ 1.1) ? or go for MCPD (web) 2.0 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t56352-mcad-finish-track-w-1-1-or-go-for-mcpd-web-2-0-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RE1H?= 03-07-2006 02:58 PM

MCAD finish track (w/ 1.1) ? or go for MCPD (web) 2.0

I know there is some discussion on this general topic (MCAD v. new certs) but
have not come to a clear conclusion on what may be best. I just entered the
MCP world by passing the 70-315 (c# v1.1 web) exam yesterday. I was going to
continue on with 70-320 - but since I am switching everything I code on over
everything to the 2.0 framework I was hoping to devote my energies to
studying 2.0 instead of the 1.1 materials I have. I can see that knowing
everything from the 1.1 perspective is still very useful but also want to
learn the 2.0 framework better & studying 1.1 delays that. Any thoughts? -
thanks in advance. I am not very far down any road at this point having only
passed one test but did not want to throw away anything either.

=?Utf-8?B?YmFkcmk=?= 03-13-2006 10:14 AM

RE: MCAD finish track (w/ 1.1) ? or go for MCPD (web) 2.0

hi,
i am badri. i say u r post. congrates for your success in 70-315. i
have plan to write the same exam, so can you share how this exam was and can
you tell some model of the test. thank you in advance

=?Utf-8?B?amFhcm9u?= 04-03-2006 03:15 PM

RE: MCAD finish track (w/ 1.1) ? or go for MCPD (web) 2.0

Hey fellas,

I was in the same boat. I passed 70-315 in late 2005. Shortly after that
the new generation of exams started coming out. At that point I had to
decide which route to go. Since my .Net v1.1 skills were definitely stronger
than my 2.0 skills I decided to go ahead and finish the MCAD track and then
cross over to MCPD using exam 70-551. I just passed 70-320 (easier than
expected) the other day and I only lack 1 elective to get the MCAD.
Microsoft just added 70-431 SQL 2005 to the elective list. So, I can
complete the MCAD with this exam and also receive an MCTS-SQL Server. Then
by taking the 70-551 MCP Upgrade, I will also receive an MCTS-Web.

So, by taking only 4 exams, I can achieve 5 certifications. MCP, MCTS-SQL
Server, MCAD, MCPD and MCTS-Web.

70-315
70-320
70-431
70-551

I would definitely say go ahead and finish the MCAD using the 70-431 SQL
Server 2005. It looks like the quickest and easiest way to get to an MCPD.

Also, if you attended a launch for Visual Studio 2005, you should have
received a testing voucher that will give you a free exam for either 70-431
or 70-551.

--
-Jason