Velocity Reviews

-   -   Blade Runner high definition (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t563088-blade-runner-high-definition.html)

Kuskokwim 12-23-2007 12:57 AM

Blade Runner high definition

Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.

This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
sound are absolutely superb.

T.B. 12-23-2007 04:41 PM

Re: Blade Runner high definition

"Kuskokwim" wrote:

> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>
> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
> sound are absolutely superb.

I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.

T.B.

ChairmanOfTheBored 12-23-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Blade Runner high definition

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <Partyslammer@socal.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>
>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>
>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>> sound are absolutely superb.

>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>
>T.B.

You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.

I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Kuskokwim 12-23-2007 07:22 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, T.B. wrote:

> "Kuskokwim" wrote:
>
>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>
>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>> sound are absolutely superb.

> I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
> is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
> packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
> rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
> pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>
> T.B.

Disk 5 was rattling around in mine, but it wasn't damaged.

Kuskokwim 12-23-2007 07:39 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Oh!! Aren't you special.

ChairmanOfTheBored 12-23-2007 07:50 PM

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:39:14 -0800, Kuskokwim <nospam@ak.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
>
>> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
>> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
>> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

>Oh!! Aren't you special.

More so than a retarded, one liner dope like you, that is for certain.

T.B. 12-24-2007 02:05 AM

Re: Blade Runner high definition

"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

(snip)

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
>>cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
>>Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

That's the one in the metal suitcase, right? Are the discs packaged in that
case in something different than the light blue plastic slipcase? If so, I
thought about picking it up but I really don't want anything other than the
discs themselves and as it turned out, I didn't see the suitcase version at
any retailer I happened to go to this week.

T.B.

Sterculius 12-24-2007 07:01 AM

<RUBored@crackasmile.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <Partyslammer@socal.rr.com>
>wrote:
>
>>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>>
>>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
>>> sound are absolutely superb.

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
>

> The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
>discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
>touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
>handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
>
> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
>purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
>condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

Wow! I'm glad we have someone on here as ****ing smart as
you are. I'm quite sure that over 100,000 copies of a DVD
release are packaged by "idiots that put the disc in the
package". I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
pressing and packaging DVD's. Also, I'll bet "the handling
between warehouse and your door" is vastly different than
the handling between a warehouse and the retailer.

By the way, changing your username on here every 6 months
doesn't fool anybody in this group.

You should change it back to Roy L. ****s.

Richard C. 12-24-2007 03:00 PM

"ChairmanOfTheBored" <RUBored@crackasmile.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <Partyslammer@socal.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
>>>
>>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture
>>> and
>>> sound are absolutely superb.

>>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
>>cut"
>>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
>>Bros
>>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
>>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
>>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
>>
>>T.B.

> You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
>

> The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
> discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
> touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
> handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
>
> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

You are soooooo kewl!

Richard C. 12-24-2007 03:01 PM

"Sterculius" <thedog@aol.com> wrote in message

> You should change it back to Roy L. ****s.