Velocity Reviews

-   -   Two Firefox windows open when I click on a link in Thunderbird (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t56275-two-firefox-windows-open-when-i-click-on-a-link-in-thunderbird.html)

Z 03-05-2006 06:39 PM

Two Firefox windows open when I click on a link in Thunderbird

Software versions:
Windows XP Pro
Firefox 1.5.0.1
Thunderbird 1.5

I get a link in e-mail, eg:
http://www.projo.com/news/pdf/2006/2...-homicides.pdf

If Firefox is already running, then I get a new tab in an the most
recently opened Firefox window.

That behavior is fine, but this is the problem:

If Firefox is not running, when I left click on the URL, *two* Firefox
windows open, both with the same .pdf.

What's going on and how can I stop this?

Z 03-08-2006 05:31 AM

Re: Two Firefox windows open when I click on a link in Thunderbird

Z wrote:
> Software versions:
> Windows XP Pro
> Firefox 1.5.0.1
> Thunderbird 1.5
>
> I get a link in e-mail, eg:
> http://www.projo.com/news/pdf/2006/2...-homicides.pdf
>
> If Firefox is already running, then I get a new tab in an the most
> recently opened Firefox window.
>
> That behavior is fine, but this is the problem:
>
> If Firefox is not running, when I left click on the URL, *two* Firefox
> windows open, both with the same .pdf.
>
> What's going on and how can I stop this?

No one else is seeing this?

bytebutler 10-10-2012 03:24 AM

hi Z - I have the same problem with this setup:
Windows XP Pro
Firefox 15.0.1
Thunderbird 15.0.1