Velocity Reviews

-   -   Do Not Buy From Circuit City (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t562690-do-not-buy-from-circuit-city.html)

Gerald Newton 12-20-2007 10:24 PM

Do Not Buy From Circuit City

I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
the software.
Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

Derek Janssen 12-20-2007 10:43 PM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

Gerald Newton wrote:

> Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
> Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

Um...You're talking to a DVD group--
Why would we even set *foot* in a Circuit City?

Derek Janssen (never forget, never forgive) ;)
ejanss1@verizon.net

Jim 12-20-2007 11:34 PM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

"Gerald Newton" <electrician@electrician2.com> wrote in message

<HUGE snip>
> I making this post all over the
> Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

Yes. You have cross posted it in every newsgroup that even remotely has to
do with electronics over a week ago.

If you took the time to read your responses you would see that the public
has no sympathy for you due to the fact that it is plastered all over the
Circuit City website that the credit card holder must pick up the item.

PapaBear 12-21-2007 01:48 AM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

"Gerald Newton" <electrician@electrician2.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a computer online on 12/14/2007. I live in Alaska but
> wanted my daughter to pick up the computer and software in Wayne, New
> Jersey. My daughter teaches school in New Jersey and needed the
> computer before the weekend so I thought she could pick it up at the
> store. I called Circuit City and got someone in manila (I asked) and
> explained the situation. They said it would be up to the store. So I
> tried to call the store and after going through about 6 of those press
> this number or that I finally got someone that said to call back and
> press 0 for customer service. I called back and pressed 0 and got
> some girl that put me on hold. I called back again and asked for the
> store manager and again was put on hold. I called my daughter in New
> Jersey and she said her Mom lived right next to the store and she
> would try to pick up the computer. So the next day (Saturday) I
> called the store five times and five times customer service placed me
> on hold or hung up. My x-wife was at the store at the time and she
> called me and said there was no way she could pick up the computer and
> that I would have to cancel the order and wire her the money. So I
> cancelled the order and wired her $1400 using Western Union. She
> bought the computer using the very same order that I had done online.
> The store tried to charge her $29 instead of the $19 on the order for
> the wireless mouse and they left the Microsoft Office $149 software
> out of the bag and she caught it so they then said they had forgotten
> the software.
> Now the bummer. The original order was paid for by debit card and the
> money was given to Circuit City as shown in my online bank record. It
> now has been 7 days and they still have my money for the canceled
> order. I called yesterday and again got some guy in Manila who said
> the money for the canceled order would not go back into my bank
> account for 2 to 5 business days and that they still have until
> tomorrow, Friday to put the money back in. Funny how they can
> immediately take the money, but have to wait a week to put the money
> back. Do Not Buy From Circuit City! I making this post all over the
> Internet to teach these bums a lesson.

If you get your money back at all, within several weeks or months, you
should feel very lucky! A lot of people ordering online get screwed. It's a
risky business...

Richard C. 12-21-2007 05:33 AM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

How many times are you going to post this?

You obviously did not read their terms clearly.

=====================================

Impmon 12-21-2007 08:17 AM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:34:47 -0500, "Jim" <jimmy AT hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Yes. You have cross posted it in every newsgroup that even remotely has to
>do with electronics over a week ago.
>
>If you took the time to read your responses you would see that the public
>has no sympathy for you due to the fact that it is plastered all over the
>Circuit City website that the credit card holder must pick up the item.

And I'd like to add: using debit card is a poor idea because it's hard
to reverse charge and refund can take days to complete. If you used
your credit card, the refund would have been processed in hours, not
days.

The only gripe I have with Circuit City is that they are often
expensive compared to other similiar stores. Even their normal sale
prices are still more expensive than competitor's regular price. The
only time I go to CC is to look for DVD that I can't find elsewhere
and can't find on eBay, and to look for clearance sale items.

Johnny Slothman 12-22-2007 01:50 PM

Re: Do Not Buy From Circuit City

**** Circuit City.
I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.

--
Johnny Slothman
Slowest Contractor In The West

Jim 12-22-2007 05:59 PM

"Johnny Slothman" <fah_Q@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> **** Circuit City.
> I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a
> year.
>
> --
> Johnny Slothman
> Slowest Contractor In The West
> If you need it done 10 years from now, call Johnny

**** Circuit City>
Why?
What's your beef?
They are a store.
They sell stuff.
No one is forced into the store.
No one is forced to buy anything.
Your problem with them is?
Yes. **** Circuit City.
Ha ha watch them go under.
That will leave one less competitior and allow other stores to raise prices.

Or is it just cool to say '****' (Insert large company here) for you?
I'm willing to bet that is it.

Tarkus 12-22-2007 07:10 PM

Jim wrote:
> "Johnny Slothman" <fah_Q@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> **** Circuit City.
>> I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a
>> year.

> **** Circuit City>
> Why?
> What's your beef?
> They are a store.
> They sell stuff.
> No one is forced into the store.
> No one is forced to buy anything.
> Your problem with them is?
> Yes. **** Circuit City.
> Ha ha watch them go under.
> That will leave one less competitior and allow other stores to raise prices.
>
> Or is it just cool to say '****' (Insert large company here) for you?
> I'm willing to bet that is it.

You forget he has it from a "good authority" that they're going under
within a year. I have a feeling his "good authority" is sometimes known
as Kris Kringle, but better known as Santa Clause.

GMAN 12-23-2007 02:51 PM

In article <UC8bj.8234$E01.654@newsfe22.lga>, "Johnny Slothman" <fah_Q@yahoo.com> wrote:
>**** Circuit City.
>I have it from a good authority that they will be going under within a year.

Um, it's Compusa that is poised to shut doors right shortly after Christmas.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/07/technology/compusa.ap/