Velocity Reviews

-   -   trouble with vista need help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t562451-trouble-with-vista-need-help.html)

chuck 12-20-2007 02:17 AM

trouble with vista need help

ok putting together my third pc thought i would go mostly all out with it amd
6400 black two 8600 gts oc three 400 hd with 4 g memory. thought i would do
vista 64 bit lol trouble starts. got it all downloaded and the wi fi wont
work. oh its a asus wireless motherboard. then vista says it dont recon any
drives for such wifi soooooooooo i tried to repair the vista 64 and now when
put in the key says it dont recon the key number. the vista 64 bit is a oem
mmmm i bought on ebay. and two of the three hds are from old pc i had.
thought about getting new vista ul 32 but would like to use the 64 bit if it
does make a diff. help thank you

Charlie Russel - MVP 12-20-2007 06:04 AM

Re: trouble with vista need help

1.) Please, make an attempt to write in sentences. Humans have to try to
understand what you're saying if we're going to help you.
2.) You need to talk to Asus about 64bit drivers for their wireless.
Microsoft doesn't do drivers - the manufacturers have to do the drivers for
their own hardware.
3.) OEM copies, especially bought off of eBay, are a risk. An OEM copy can
only be installed on one machine. Period. Your only recourse is to let the
limited functionality activation screen come up and from there, make the
call to the activation center. You'll have to talk to an actual person,
almost certainly. From there, you'll want to make the case that you're
rebuilding your PC after problems and that you're a system builder with a
system builder copy.

If you choose to start over, using a new copy of Vista, and you choose
32-bit, be prepared to lose all or most of the last Gb of RAM. The maximum
virtual memory address space available for 32-bit Windows is 4GB, and some
of that is necessary to support your hardware. Including big chunks for
those two video cards.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64