Velocity Reviews

-   -   IBM Thinkpad T20 BIOS recovery help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t562184-ibm-thinkpad-t20-bios-recovery-help.html)

Hawkeye65 12-19-2007 03:13 AM

IBM Thinkpad T20 BIOS recovery help

Does anyone know how to recover the BIOS password without having to
manufacture anything? I purchased a used one 3-4 years ago for my wife. She
was using the other night and it worked fine. The next day she tried using
it and it gave an 0271 (Check date and time) error and then showed 2 symbols
on a black screen; one was a screen and the the other was a lock. I tried
entering passwords that I might have used, without success. It gives me
three tries and then it locks me out completely. I replaced the CMOS
battery, thinking that might be the problem since it is an old computer.

Any help is appreciated,
Ty Addison

Synapse Syndrome 12-19-2007 05:26 AM

Re: IBM Thinkpad T20 BIOS recovery help

"Hawkeye65" <rtaddis65@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to recover the BIOS password without having to
> manufacture anything? I purchased a used one 3-4 years ago for my wife.
> She was using the other night and it worked fine. The next day she tried
> using it and it gave an 0271 (Check date and time) error and then showed 2
> symbols on a black screen; one was a screen and the the other was a lock.
> I tried entering passwords that I might have used, without success. It
> gives me three tries and then it locks me out completely. I replaced the
> CMOS battery, thinking that might be the problem since it is an old
> computer.

I ask all my Thinkpad question here:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/index.php

Someone there will know what to do.