Velocity Reviews

-   General Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f44-general-computer-support.html)
-   -   Wireless Connection Problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t561593-wireless-connection-problem.html)

jacksam 12-16-2007 11:14 PM

Wireless Connection Problem

hi,
this is my first posting here, my problem is that i have beeing trying to connect wirelessly to the internet and failed.
My desktop is wired to the router but i cannot connect wirelessly to my laptop. i havent got a clue what to do if some one does please help.
the router that i am using is netgear DG834G. im using windows xp and my internet service provider is aol. when i try repairing the wireless connection i get an error saying: Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot completed: Connecting to the wireless network.

kinhell 12-17-2007 04:46 PM

Have you switched on wireless on your laptop? Some of them have an actual switch and some you press FN and F2 together. You should have a light on which shows wireless is switched on.

jacksam 12-18-2007 06:59 PM

yes i have turn the button on