Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t561381-ie-locks-up-in-xp-pro-64-bit.html)

Philip 12-15-2007 07:33 PM

IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

I am going to install XP Pro 64 Bit due to a large amount of Ram amd regular
XP Pro will not recognize past 3 gig, I down loaded the trial XP Pro 64 Bit
and did the install, I did all the updates but then the problems started, I
could get to the web, but everytime I tried to type something into the
address bar or the search space, IE would lock up, this happened even after I
did the update to IE7, I have tried the install twicw and formated hard
drives etc, I am a little worried to go out and spend the money if this
problem exist, Any thoughts..
Thanks

Primo 12-19-2007 09:27 PM

Re: IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

Philip wrote:
> I am going to install XP Pro 64 Bit due to a large amount of Ram amd regular
> XP Pro will not recognize past 3 gig,

It was previously posted that XP 64 will not recognize more that 4 gb of
RAM so your point is.............??

Colin Barnhorst 12-19-2007 09:45 PM

Re: IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

No, it was not posted that XP Pro x64 cannot reconzize more than 4GB of ram.
In fact it can span 128GB of ram. And don't email me anymore. The
newsgroup participants should have access to exchanges so that they can
follow, comment, and learn or not as they wish.

Philip 12-19-2007 10:40 PM

Re: IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

Primo, You are incorrect about XP Pro recognizing more than 4 gig, and i am
not sure were your answer has anything to do with my question, Read the
question and answer that, I am already aware of what xp Pro 64 will and will
not recognize as far as RAM..

miso@sushi.com 12-20-2007 10:40 PM

Re: IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

On Dec 15, 11:33 am, Philip <Phi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am going to install XP Pro 64 Bit due to a large amount of Ram amd regular
> XP Pro will not recognize past 3 gig, I down loaded the trial XP Pro 64 Bit
> and did the install, I did all the updates but then the problems started, I
> could get to the web, but everytime I tried to type something into the
> address bar or the search space, IE would lock up, this happened even after I
> did the update to IE7, I have tried the install twicw and formated hard
> drives etc, I am a little worried to go out and spend the money if this
> problem exist, Any thoughts..
> Thanks

Load another browser and see if it has problems. Firefox for instance.

Philip 12-20-2007 11:37 PM

Re: IE locks up in XP Pro 64 bit

Thanks Miso, I also think that my driver for my ethernet card may have only
been for a 32 bit, I have down loaded the 64 bit and will try again once my
copy of XP 64 bit comes in..