Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tandem stun problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t56081-tandem-stun-problem.html)

lhicks@bppr.com 03-01-2006 02:12 PM

Tandem stun problem

I am doing sdlc serial tunneling through Cisco routers communicating 2
Tandem computers. There are no firewalls. Tandem to Cisco, Cisco to
frame relay. The line is bumping every 4 hours. I have looked everywher
for a timer that could be causing this. The line goes down and comes up
in about 10 seconds. I look at the trace and see a FRMR. Does anybody
have an idea of what could be causing this?

steve_schefter@hotmail.com 03-01-2006 04:45 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

lhicks@bppr.com wrote:
> The line goes down and comes up
> in about 10 seconds. I look at the trace and see a FRMR.

Post the trace, including frames before the FRMR.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Schefter phone: +1 705 725 9999 x26
The Software Group Limited fax: +1 705 725 9666
642 Welham Road,
Barrie, Ontario CANADA L4N 9A1 Web: www.wanware.com

lhicks@bppr.com 03-01-2006 06:41 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

Steve, lets see if I still have the trace, But I see the invalid sdlc
frame and it is a RR with the NS out of sequece. What puzzles me is
that it is every 4 hours on the button. Another thing, From Tandem to
the router the is a SWAN.

Merv 03-01-2006 06:50 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

post the IOS version and router models

lhicks@bppr.com 03-01-2006 06:58 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

It is a 2600 with IOS ver. 12.2.32

Merv 03-01-2006 07:16 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

Also new set up or something that has been in service for some time ?

lhicks@bppr.com 03-01-2006 07:42 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

The newest thing We have is the SWAN(serial wide area network) on the
Tandem.

Merv 03-01-2006 08:27 PM

Re: Tandem stun problem

How long has the problem been occurring ?