Velocity Reviews

-   -   Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t560771-erasing-eval-version-message-for-vista-64-sp1-rc.html)

David F 12-13-2007 12:35 PM

Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Does the method below also work for Vista 64, or only Vista 32?
TIA

Hugh,
Patch/workaround (use at your own risk!)
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/1...vista-sp1-rc1/
;-)
Carlos

Mike Hall - MVP 12-13-2007 12:49 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful reminder
that you are running a test version.

--
Mike Hall - MVP

David F 12-13-2007 01:33 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Hi Mike,
Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below work
to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.

Theo 12-13-2007 01:46 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Assuming the .DLL is a 32-bit version, then it would not
work in Vista x64.

Theo 12-13-2007 01:48 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

P.S.
Why not ask the person posting the information? There is a
"Contact" option.

Adam Leinss 12-13-2007 01:57 PM

> Hi Mike,
> Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned
> below work to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista
> 32. TIA.

Doubt you will get an answer...the web site you mentioned has "hacked"
copies of Windows files. Quite ballsy of you to ask Microsoft if a
hacked operating system file will work OK to remove their watermark.

Adam
--
Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin] 12-13-2007 02:14 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Does it really matter though?
--
Andre
Blog: http://adacosta.spaces.live.com

David F 12-13-2007 03:27 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

How about using this newsgroup for questions and answers relating to Vista
and leaving editorial comments which just waste everyone's time out of it.
I need a more stable version of Vista 64 and I need to make presentations
without something inteferring.

Carlos 12-13-2007 03:48 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

David,
According to poster BChat, this is how he hid it.
"I have the DreamScene waterfall set as my desktop -
covers the build logo - makes a nice night light too."
See the thread "Vista 64 & sp1 rc 1 v.668" dated Dec 11th.
Carlos

Mike Hall - MVP 12-13-2007 03:50 PM

Re: Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

But you shouldn't be using a production machine to run 'beta' or RC
updates/service packs..