Velocity Reviews

-   -   Favourite C tools (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t560701-favourite-c-tools.html)

lg 12-13-2007 06:20 AM

Favourite C tools

Can you suggest preverably freeware tools for C programming.
My code get mre complicated and I need some sort of code analyzer to list
dependencies, function tree etc. My platform is Windows.

jacob navia 12-13-2007 09:11 AM

Re: Favourite C tools

lg wrote:
> Can you suggest preverably freeware tools for C programming.
> My code get mre complicated and I need some sort of code analyzer to list
> dependencies, function tree etc. My platform is Windows.

The IDE of lcc-win32 offers
o Software metrics analysis (Halstead)
o Function tree
o Who calls this function (Ctrl-F8)
o Go to definition (where is this defined?)
o List of defined functions (F12)
o Real time spelling checker.

You should load all the files into a project for it to function
in the best manner, but it will work even if you do not do that.
Use the URL below

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

llothar 12-13-2007 09:27 AM

Re: Favourite C tools

On 13 Dez., 13:20, lg <l...@invalid.com> wrote:
> Can you suggest preverably freeware tools for C programming.
> My code get mre complicated and I need some sort of code analyzer to list
> dependencies, function tree etc. My platform is Windows.

Looked for something like this before to integrate it into my own IDE.

Not good luck. Source Navigator, CScope (Google will give you the
URL's)
are among the best, but ugly and interface from hell.