Velocity Reviews

-   -   need administrator...but no administrator (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t558380-need-administrator-but-no-administrator.html)

century.dave 12-08-2007 10:11 PM

need administrator...but no administrator

I created a new user but forgot to add member to admin. I changed computer
to a new WORKGROUP and restarted computer. Now I can only log on as new
user without admin priveleges and cannot restore because I don't have admin
priveleges. Because there is only one user in this WORKGROUP, there is no
admin. and I can't log on to a different WORKGROUP.

WHAT TO DO?

Mike Douglas 12-09-2007 03:25 AM

RE: need administrator...but no administrator

Try this link. It shows you how to enable the real admin account and log in
as the real admin and add your newly created account to admin group.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...unt.html?ltr=A

Mike D

Carlos 12-09-2007 12:47 PM

RE: need administrator...but no administrator

And this other tutorial
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx
adds a few different workarounds.
Carlos