Velocity Reviews

-   -   basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t558308-basic-weird-ospf-question-ospf-gurus-need-help.html)

k65020@gmail.com 12-08-2007 02:37 PM

basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

hi group,

i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
the routers ospf interfaces

ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)

routerA: router ospf 1
network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

BUT

if I use

routerA: router ospf 1
network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
all interfaces, i think)

ospf routes are learned!!

Bod43@hotmail.co.uk 12-08-2007 03:00 PM

Re: basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

On 8 Dec, 14:37, k65...@gmail.com wrote:
> hi group,
>
> i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
> connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
> all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
> only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
> routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
> the routers ospf interfaces
>
> ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)
>
> routerA: router ospf 1
> network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1
>
> BUT
>
> if I use
>
> routerA: router ospf 1
> network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
> all interfaces, i think)
>
> ospf routes are learned!!

You have not described your network in detail however it
appears that you have 'discovered' a bit about how ospf on
cisco works.

Have you looked at the ospf section of the IOS
Configuration Guide?

The network statement is used to specify which
interfaces to include in the ospf process.

CK 12-11-2007 09:31 AM

Re: basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

Hi
Please describe a bitmore about your network then only we wil be able
to help you .
If you can go to below sitea solution for your IOS..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...gory_home.html

Rgds...CK

pcmccollum@N0SPAMgmail.com 12-12-2007 11:42 PM

On Dec 8, 6:37 am, k65...@gmail.com wrote:
> hi group,
>
> i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
> connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
> all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
> only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
> routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
> the routers ospf interfaces
>
> ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)
>
> routerA: router ospf 1
> network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1
>
> BUT
>
> if I use
>
> routerA: router ospf 1
> network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
> all interfaces, i think)
>
> ospf routes are learned!!

I agree with the other posters...we need to know more about your
topology.. Can you post the configurations for each device?

Thanks,
neteng
http://blog.humanmodem.com

k65020@gmail.com 12-13-2007 05:22 PM

Re: basic/weird ospf question- ospf gurus need help!!!

On 13 Dis, 07:42, "pcmccol...@N0SPAMgmail.com" <pcmccol...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 8, 6:37 am, k65...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > hi group,

> > i got a weird one with ospf. i setup ospf on two core switches dual
> > connected to two routers (the core routers do not have a connection)
> > all running ospf. when i do a show ip route ospf on the routers, the
> > only routes it sees are the directly connected interfaces. (no ospf
> > routes are learned) UNLESS i specifically make all the interfaces of
> > the routers ospf interfaces

> > ex. (no ospf routes are learned if I use this config)

> > routerA: router ospf 1
> > network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 area 1

> > BUT

> > if I use

> > routerA: router ospf 1
> > network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 1 (basically means
> > all interfaces, i think)

> > ospf routes are learned!!

> I agree with the other posters...we need to know more about your
> topology.. Can you post the configurations for each device?
>
> Thanks,
> netenghttp://blog.humanmodem.com- Itago ang tekstong may panipi -
>
> -Ipakita ang tekstong may panipi-

the configs are nothing special and the physical links are pretty
cisco recommended

2 4507s and 2 7206s full meshed to one another

in ospf its basically, telling witch interfaces ospf will participate
on