Velocity Reviews

-   -   asp.net 2.0 not code in separate file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t558254-asp-net-2-0-not-code-in-separate-file.html)

tshad 12-08-2007 06:19 AM

asp.net 2.0 not code in separate file

I just started using asp.net 2.0 and the book I am looking at shows that you
now have the option to pub your code in separate files (not the default) as
it was in 2003.

I want to put the code in the same file but when I build the web site, I am
not getting that object and I have the files separated into 2 files
(default.aspx and default.aspx.vb as it was in 2003).

How do I create a project that will not do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Juan T. Llibre 12-08-2007 07:37 AM

Re: asp.net 2.0 not code in separate file

re:
!> I want to put the code in the same file

When you create a new web site, the initial default.aspx created has a code-behind file.

Just delete that initial file and create a new file ("File", New File").

Then, name the file, select the desired programming language
and *unselect* the checkbox which says ""Place code in separate file".

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
======================================

tshad 12-14-2007 07:56 AM

"Juan T. Llibre" <nomailreplies@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> re:
> !> I want to put the code in the same file
>
> When you create a new web site, the initial default.aspx created has a
> code-behind file.
>
> Just delete that initial file and create a new file ("File", New File").
>
> Then, name the file, select the desired programming language
> and *unselect* the checkbox which says ""Place code in separate file".

That was what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Tom