Velocity Reviews

-   -   Deploy wireless configurations (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t55739-deploy-wireless-configurations.html)

momo2804@gmail.com 02-22-2006 03:33 AM

Deploy wireless configurations

Our co. is about to go wireless in several of our offices. The plan is
to not broadcast the WLAN SSID across the network therefore on each
client we must create an entry for the in using the default WinXP
Wireless software...........

Is it possible to actually create a text file or some registry keys and

deploy the SSIDs to all machines so that we don't have to manually
create
the profile names for each of the access points we will use.........
this is because we have thousands of users and it'll be a pain doing
each PC manually...............

Assuming we don't use WEP/WPA encryption...... we will be using a cert
for authentication...............

Many thanks

James Gockel 02-22-2006 06:53 AM

Re: Deploy wireless configurations

Windows Zero Config software won't even see the Wireless if it's not
broadcasting the SSID. arghh! Makes me want to continue using the Intel
Software.. (hah) You may be better off using the standard software that
comes with the cards, generally you can set up a settings file and share it
amungst the other computers.
-James G.

news:1140579203.992400.58270@g14g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...