Velocity Reviews

-   -   HEXUS.reviews :: ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X1900 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t55730-hexus-reviews-ati-all-in-wonder-radeon-x1900.html)

Silverstrand 02-21-2006 10:27 PM

HEXUS.reviews :: ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X1900

What could possibly be better than an All-In-Wonder Radeon X1800? An AIW X1900, perhaps? Here for your delectation at HEXUS, is the definitive review of ATI's recently launched All-In-Wonder Radeon X1900.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_car...s/newslogo.jpg

Quote: Niggles aside, for just under 300 when it finally makes its way to retail, you'll get GeForce 7800 GTX performance for less money with the AIW feature set and software to boot. It's that which makes the AIW great, and peerless, in the world of consumer graphics and multimedia technology. No other product offers the same mix for the same cash, and with R580 ATI get to move that game on even further. The best value graphics board currently in production? It's hard to say no.

Link: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4674

bigal 02-24-2006 02:32 PM

...er...I say no to ATI. I much prefer nVidia performance and pricing. But I'm also too lazy to read the review right now, so that's just a comment off the cuff.

unholy 02-25-2006 02:33 AM

Man Al if i were u i would retract that comment, u get **** loads of TV outputing devices, including a pure out to SCART!!!!! and the performance of a 7800GTX for less money...

bigal 02-25-2006 03:55 AM

I don't care about TV connections or even HDTV. I care about gaming performance. I'm not going to hook my computer up to a TV to play movies.

Now maybe if I could hook a computer to the plasma with a high definition HDMI interface and run High Def resolution games, that would be cool. But what card has that power for a 43" plasma? It's gonna take another year. And $600 USD.

The Modfather 02-25-2006 06:18 AM

I've seen head to heads and you do NOT get the performance of a 7800GTX out of it. That's what's most important. The TV Outputs are pointless, it's been decades since a TV Output was of any real signifigance, if you need that for say, watching movies on a HTPC then get a dedicated card for that feature for a few bucks extra and get the 7800GTX's for pure performance.