Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t55525-windows-domain-login-via-wireless-peap.html)

BG 02-16-2006 06:34 PM

Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

I am trying to do the following

Log into a windows domain via the wireless network. Using PEAP/AES.

I have the following

Windows Laptop with a Cisco ABG PC card wireless card. I am using all the
latest driver for the card/firmware/ADU. I can not get the laptop to log
into the wireless network before logging into the workstation. I can log
into the workstation and then successfully pass my windows credentials to
single sign on to the laptop/network, but I need the wireless auth to take
place before the windows auth.

I can get the above described senario to work using LEAP and all
documentation I have found leads to LEAP implementations of this, but to
this point I have not been able to find any documentation that this can be
done with PEAP on a cisco client card.

I also have the above senario working on a client that is using an Intel
wireless card.

Just wondering if anyone else had the following issue or a working model

Regards,
Barry

Erik Tamminga 02-16-2006 11:11 PM

Re: Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

Have you enabled machine-authentication on both the client side and on the
authenticator side?
You need to allow the computer-account to authenticate succesfully as well
as the user-account.
What authenticator are you using? Cisco ACS, Windows IAS, ...

Erik

BG 02-17-2006 02:30 PM

Re: Windows Domain login via wireless + PEAP

I didn't, but I do now with the same results. From what I read with a LEAP
settup the Cisco login box should pop up before I log into the workstation.
That isn't happening. Maybe it will work without the Novell client?

Couple things I left out

Cisco ACS
using MSCHAPv2
Novell Client installed