Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dell, HP or Compaq for new purchase (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t554839-dell-hp-or-compaq-for-new-purchase.html)

Tara Legale 11-24-2007 10:28 PM

Dell, HP or Compaq for new purchase

I've about had it will all the problems I've experienced with my Dell, not
to mention how hard it is to get help from their (India based) support. In
your opinions would an HP or Compaq be better than Dell? Have their own
issues? I did have a Compaq as my first computer some years ago. My
godmother is still using it (just for email) 12 years later.

Baron 11-25-2007 07:58 PM

Re: Dell, HP or Compaq for new purchase

Tara Legale wrote:

> I've about had it will all the problems I've experienced with my Dell,
> not
> to mention how hard it is to get help from their (India based)
> support. In
> your opinions would an HP or Compaq be better than Dell? Have their
> own
> issues? I did have a Compaq as my first computer some years ago. My
> godmother is still using it (just for email) 12 years later.

What you got 12 years ago in terms of quality was far better than you
would get now. Today these machines are built down to a price! You
only get what you pay for!

Anyway IMHO Dell have about the best production lines going, so thats
where I put my business. After three years bin it and buy a new one.
Although in three years the lifetime may be down to two.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.