Velocity Reviews

-   -   enable/disable (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t554623-enable-disable.html)

soylentgreen 11-23-2007 10:58 PM

enable/disable

I have broadband however for the last few months when I switch on my pc on
I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

Evan Platt 11-23-2007 11:49 PM

Re: enable/disable

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 22:58:13 GMT, "soylentgreen" <soylent@green.co.uk>
wrote:

>I have broadband however for the last few months when I switch on my pc on
>I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
>connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
>bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

As usual, no details provided. What sort of 'broadband' connection?
PPPoE? DSL? Operating system? What error you get, and where...

soylentgreen 11-23-2007 11:57 PM

Re: enable/disable

Cable broadband, Xp media center version 2002, intel core cpu 6300.86ghz
,1.87 ghz 1.00gb ram. Hope that helps.

ded 11-23-2007 11:58 PM

Re: enable/disable

"soylentgreen" <soylent@green.co.uk> wrote in message
news:9WI1j.118440$7_4.31206@fe3.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
>I have broadband however for the last few months when I switch on my pc on
>I can not conect to the internet unless I go to control panel network
>connections, diasable it then enable to connect to the internet, it didnt
>bother me at first but its getting a bit of bug bear now.

You're with virginmedia, so it would be a good guess you have the
full cableTV/phone/internet package? If so, there is an obvious
mis-configuration with the installation - goto VM site>support>common
problems>FAQ, then follow the tutorial.
(disabling and then re-enabling, if I remember all that is required is
2 updates, but check the VM site).

soylentgreen 11-24-2007 12:27 AM

Re: enable/disable

Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

ded 11-24-2007 12:40 AM

Re: enable/disable

"soylentgreen" <soylent@green.co.uk> wrote in message
news:sdK1j.118486$7_4.108181@fe3.news.blueyonder.c o.uk...
> Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
> if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

It appears it is now called "help", but I found it in 20 seconds, why did
you finsd it so tricky?
Scroll down and the phone helpline has now "introduced a small charge"
But to left is a help section with a glossary, and further down is a free
download for a the Cable broadband troubleshooter

http://www.virginmedia.com/help/

Blinky the Shark 11-24-2007 01:03 AM

Re: enable/disable

ded wrote:

> "soylentgreen" <soylent@green.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:sdK1j.118486$7_4.108181@fe3.news.blueyonder.c o.uk...
>> Cheers for the advice but its a nightmare finding this on the virgin site,
>> if you can find can you send me a link. Thanks

> It appears it is now called "help", but I found it in 20 seconds, why did
> you finsd it so tricky?
> Scroll down and the phone helpline has now "introduced a small charge"
> But to left is a help section with a glossary, and further down is a free
> download for a the Cable broadband troubleshooter
>
> http://www.virginmedia.com/help/

Help. Hmmm. Too simple; can't you make this complex? :)

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups