Velocity Reviews

-   -   AJAX Autocomplete Extender problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t554017-ajax-autocomplete-extender-problem.html)

Stefan Filip 11-21-2007 09:39 AM

AJAX Autocomplete Extender problem

Hello,

I have an ajax autocomplete extented on a page and it works just fine in the
ASP .net Development Server, but after I put it on an IIS server it doesn't
work anymore. Here's the code I have:

Start.aspx:
<ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender
runat="server"
BehaviorID="AutoCompleteEx"
ID="autoComplete1"
TargetControlID="txtSearch"
ServicePath="AutoCompleteWS.asmx"
ServiceMethod="AutoCompleteExplorableObjects"
MinimumPrefixLength="2"
CompletionInterval="1000"
EnableCaching="true"
CompletionSetCount="20"

CompletionListCssClass="autocomplete_completionLis tElement"

CompletionListItemCssClass="autocomplete_listItem"

CompletionListHighlightedItemCssClass="autocomplet e_highlightedListItem"
DelimiterCharacters=";, :">

AutoCompleteWS.asmx:
[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]
[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
[System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]
public class AutoCompleteWS : System.Web.Services.WebService
{

[System.Web.Services.WebMethod]
[System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod]
public string[] AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(string prefixText, int
count)
{
return BussinesLogic.AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(prefix Text,
count);
}
}

Did anyone have this kind of problem and how can it be solved? Thanks!

Steph 11-27-2007 02:46 PM

Re: AJAX Autocomplete Extender problem

Stefan Filip wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an ajax autocomplete extented on a page and it works just fine in the
> ASP .net Development Server, but after I put it on an IIS server it doesn't
> work anymore. Here's the code I have:
>
> Start.aspx:
> <ajaxToolkit:AutoCompleteExtender
> runat="server"
> BehaviorID="AutoCompleteEx"
> ID="autoComplete1"
> TargetControlID="txtSearch"
> ServicePath="AutoCompleteWS.asmx"
> ServiceMethod="AutoCompleteExplorableObjects"
> MinimumPrefixLength="2"
> CompletionInterval="1000"
> EnableCaching="true"
> CompletionSetCount="20"
>
> CompletionListCssClass="autocomplete_completionLis tElement"
>
> CompletionListItemCssClass="autocomplete_listItem"
>
> CompletionListHighlightedItemCssClass="autocomplet e_highlightedListItem"
> DelimiterCharacters=";, :">
>
> AutoCompleteWS.asmx:
> [WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]
> [WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
> [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptService]
> public class AutoCompleteWS : System.Web.Services.WebService
> {
>
> [System.Web.Services.WebMethod]
> [System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod]
> public string[] AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(string prefixText, int
> count)
> {
> return BussinesLogic.AutoCompleteExplorableObjects(prefix Text,
> count);
> }
> }
>
> Did anyone have this kind of problem and how can it be solved? Thanks!

test your webservice : http://localhost/myproject/AutoCompleteWS.asmx
or use "firefox" and "firebug" extension for analyse the http request
and response server...

yuriy.loginov 08-28-2012 03:15 PM

the method that returns a string array of search results should be static:
public static string[] GetCompletionList(string prefixText, int count)