Velocity Reviews

-   -   trace module and doctest (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t553927-trace-module-and-doctest.html)

skip@pobox.com 11-20-2007 10:51 PM

trace module and doctest

I am trying to use the trace module with the --count flag to test for
statement coverage in my doctests. The trace coverage listing is very
weird, marking many statements as unexecuted which were clearly executed
during the run (I can see their output on the screen). Is this some known
interaction between the trace and doctest modules?

Thanks,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com - http://www.webfast.com/~skip/

John J. Lee 11-22-2007 09:31 PM

Re: trace module and doctest

skip@pobox.com writes:

> I am trying to use the trace module with the --count flag to test for
> statement coverage in my doctests. The trace coverage listing is very
> weird, marking many statements as unexecuted which were clearly executed
> during the run (I can see their output on the screen). Is this some known
> interaction between the trace and doctest modules?

Yes:

http://python-nose.googlecode.com/sv...ns/doctests.py

http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/...28703&r2=28705

John