Velocity Reviews

-   -   Doubleclick ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t553092-doubleclick.html)

jsema 11-18-2007 01:23 PM

Doubleclick ?

Is Doubleclick bad or not ?
On a lot of web pages it will say can't connect to server (doubleclick) so
it must be blocked by security or something so it is it worth trying to
unblock ?
Thanks

Bucky Breeder 11-18-2007 02:48 PM

Re: Doubleclick ?

"jsema" <amesj@intergrate.net> wrote in

> Is Doubleclick bad or not ?
>
> On a lot of web pages it will say can't connect
> to server (doubleclick)
> so it must be blocked by security or something
> so it is it worth trying
> to unblock ?
> Thanks

Just Google for doubleclick.com and decide for
yourself whether you want to explore it or not.

One man's "bad" is another man's "good".
For instance, I like sex with girls that smells
like week-old fish heads when we're slapping
the headboard up against the wall. Gay guys hurl...

Does that make it "good" or "bad"?

Who knows? Soap and water is magical stuff.

So, the moral is to make sure you have a good
cache cleaner if you go to spelunking in strange
places where you've never ventured before.

Stay in skool and stay off the drugs.

--

Don't believe everything you think.
Between two evils... always pick the one you haven't tried yet.

My newest company is developing computer chips which
store and play music - for implantation into women's boobs.

This should resolve complaints from women about men always
staring at their breasts - but never listening to them!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 11-18-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Doubleclick ?

jsema wrote:

> Is Doubleclick bad or not ?

It is a company/set of servers that send you ads embedded in web pages.
Is that bad? Only if you yourself don't like ads.

> On a lot of web pages it will say can't connect to server
> (doubleclick) so it must be blocked by security or something

You probably have the doubleclick servers listed in your HOSTS file.

> so it is it worth trying to unblock ?

Only if you like to look at ads.

--
-bts