Velocity Reviews

-   -   Not deleting Junk Mail. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t552569-not-deleting-junk-mail.html)

Andy J. 11-16-2007 09:58 PM

Not deleting Junk Mail.

Hi All,

I've just upgraded my Thunderbird to ver 2.0.0.6 and
one thing is annoying me.

When I used to mark a mail as junk in my inbox it immediately
disappeared and moved to my junk mail folder. Now when I mark
it it just stays there (with the little 'flame' icon) but
does not move to the junk folder until I click the option
under the tools menu. I haven't changed any mailbox settings
and everything else seems to work as before the upgrade so
what am I missing here?

Andy J.

Andy Luddy 11-17-2007 05:09 PM

Re: Not deleting Junk Mail.

Andy J. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just upgraded my Thunderbird to ver 2.0.0.6 and
> one thing is annoying me.
>
> When I used to mark a mail as junk in my inbox it immediately
> disappeared and moved to my junk mail folder. Now when I mark
> it it just stays there (with the little 'flame' icon) but
> does not move to the junk folder until I click the option
> under the tools menu. I haven't changed any mailbox settings
> and everything else seems to work as before the upgrade so
> what am I missing here?
>
> Andy J.

Check under Tools/Options, select Privacy, and look at the Junk tab.
I've no idea why the setting would have changed for you when you
upgraded, but that's where the "how to handle junk mail" settings are.

also Andy J., oddly enough

Andy J. 11-17-2007 05:22 PM

Re: Not deleting Junk Mail.

Andy Luddy wrote:
> Andy J. wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've just upgraded my Thunderbird to ver 2.0.0.6 and
>> one thing is annoying me.
>>
>> When I used to mark a mail as junk in my inbox it immediately
>> disappeared and moved to my junk mail folder. Now when I mark
>> it it just stays there (with the little 'flame' icon) but
>> does not move to the junk folder until I click the option
>> under the tools menu. I haven't changed any mailbox settings
>> and everything else seems to work as before the upgrade so
>> what am I missing here?
>>
>> Andy J.

> Check under Tools/Options, select Privacy, and look at the Junk tab.
> I've no idea why the setting would have changed for you when you
> upgraded, but that's where the "how to handle junk mail" settings are.
>
> also Andy J., oddly enough

Thanks Andy, aside from the fact that I have Edit->Preferences
instead of Tools->Options (Linux) it was as you said. The "When
I mark msg as junk move to......" checkbox was unchecked. It's not
the only thing to have changed after upgrading but I think it was
the only thing I couldn't find the answer to. Cheers.

Andy J. (That's Jenkins by the way).