Velocity Reviews

-   -   Dual Monitor problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t552406-dual-monitor-problem.html)

Kyote 11-15-2007 11:15 PM

Dual Monitor problem

My Brother gave me his old computer, because it quit working for him
and it was easier to just get a new one and he lives way to far away
for me to fix it for him. When he gave it to me and I got around to
looking it over, it simply had corrupted sata boot drivers and
wouldn't boot to the only hard drive he had in it. I was able to put
in an IDE drive and resolve the problem but he had already bought his
new system so he told me to keep it.

MSI M8T Neo Mainboard (MSI MS-6702)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
512MB DDR-SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
Microsoft Windows XP (2003) Professional 5.02.3790 Win64 x64

Most of the above info was obtained from SiSoft Sandra.

My Problem is that I like to use multiple monitors, in fact using just
1 is like working with only 1 arm now. I have several extra graphic
cards to use. The AGP NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 seems to work just fine.
But my other current card is a PCI PNY TNT2 card that works perfectly
on all 32bit versions of windows xp I've used it with so far. But when
coupled with this K8T Neo and my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 it doesn't
seem to want to work right.

In fact it wouldn't work with the PNY TNT2 at all until I set the BIOS
to use the TNT as the primary and in windows xp pro 64 I set the
NVIDIA 5200 as the primary. Now it works ok and I can live with it
this way for now. But the system only recognizes the TNT card as
'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' and it will not accept any other
drivers for it. So even though it works, when I drag a window to it
it's slow and choppy. And the thing is my other PCI card is exactly
the same... Well, not the same card but the exact same results. Not
sure if I could make it work like this one is but the problems were
the same. Once I got this set of cards working together I decided to
leave well enough alone.

Does anyone know of this problem or what may fix the problem? If you
need more information please let me know and I'll give all details I
can.