Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Router help (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t552161-router-help.html)

kunnu531 11-15-2007 11:59 AM

Router help

Hi everyone :yell: ,

I am new to this forum and i need an help with all u guys. I have a cisco 2500 router and its showing like this "Router(boot)>" I don no what to do because i am unable to assign any ip address and can't do anything. How can i make it to "Router>" so that i can use for my configurations. Can anyone help with step by step as i am new to this. Please i am trying from so many days but no luck....:confused: please help.....

thanks in advance......:D

vthakur001 11-28-2007 02:07 PM

You can try by changing the hostname of the router

conf t
hostname ABCD

it should change the Router(boot)>" prompt to new hostname ABCD>

Lindy 12-10-2007 02:14 AM

type the following:
enable

your prompt should then be router#
you can enter configuration commands from that point