Velocity Reviews

-   -   Context 'Search for' ~ the Old v1.5 way? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t550564-context-search-for-the-old-v1-5-way.html)

Willie Buck Merle 11-09-2007 02:56 PM

Context 'Search for' ~ the Old v1.5 way?

Hello, hope you are doing well. I used FF v1.5 for so long and now
have finally upgraded and am dealing with that trauma. Now in this
version when you do a 'Search for' in the context menu it uses
whatever search engine is in that upper menubar field box. I really
only use google, can I just have it set for only google like it was
before in v1.5?...(Without the going back and forth to reset the
proper search engine)? TIA and take care

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 11-09-2007 05:09 PM

Re: Context 'Search for' ~ the Old v1.5 way?

Willie Buck Merle wrote:
> Hello, hope you are doing well. I used FF v1.5 for so long and now
> have finally upgraded and am dealing with that trauma. Now in this
> version when you do a 'Search for' in the context menu it uses
> whatever search engine is in that upper menubar field box. I really
> only use google, can I just have it set for only google like it was
> before in v1.5?...(Without the going back and forth to reset the
> proper search engine)? TIA and take care

in the address bar type in about:config and look for these
two entries:

browser.search.defaultenginename
browser.search.order.1

once found, double click on them and change them to Google.
You may have to restart the program for it to set.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Willie Buck Merle 11-10-2007 03:00 PM

Re: Context 'Search for' ~ the Old v1.5 way?

PP,
Thanks for your response. I tried your fix but I guess I wasn't clear
enough with my query description... how can a user set Google to
always be the 'Search for' engine in the context menu regardless of
any current search engine selected. Your solution will set the default
search engine to Google, but when a user changes the search engine to
another the context menu 'Search for' will change as well to that
particular one. In v1.5 it was always set for just one particular
search engine in the context menu.. I liked it that way :)

take care and thanx again