Velocity Reviews

-   -   MS XP - Update problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t550560-ms-xp-update-problem.html)

ADVID 11-09-2007 02:35 PM

MS XP - Update problem

...I've recently had a crash and had to do to a REPAIR (no fresh re-install)
of my XP Pro (and SP2) and now it looks for (auto) updates and tells me
that there are 79 for installing.

BUT - when installing it won't install them as they're are already
(somewhere) on the PC ... when I switch off the PC it tells me that these
updates are ready for installing but I can't because they're already
there....

How do I delete the already installed and do a clean install of required
updates....

Hope I make myself clear...

meerkat 11-09-2007 02:42 PM

Re: MS XP - Update problem

"ADVID" <advid.1@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> ..I've recently had a crash and had to do to a REPAIR (no fresh
> re-install) of my XP Pro (and SP2) and now it looks for (auto) updates
> and tells me that there are 79 for installing.
>
> BUT - when installing it won't install them as they're are already
> (somewhere) on the PC ... when I switch off the PC it tells me that these
> updates are ready for installing but I can't because they're already
> there....
>
> How do I delete the already installed and do a clean install of required
> updates....

Hi A.
go have a read of this article...
http://windowssecrets.com/2007/09/27...ents-XP-repair

A problem caused by a repair install.
bw..

ADVID 11-09-2007 04:14 PM

Re: MS XP - Update problem

Thanks for quick response.................

ellis_jay 11-09-2007 07:27 PM

Re: MS XP - Update problem

meerkat wrote:
> "ADVID" <advid.1@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> A problem

Kinkachew died. Left alone, Mozart died. I was sorry to hear that!!

--

When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 11-09-2007 10:09 PM

Re: MS XP - Update problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144