Velocity Reviews

-   -   XP Wireless Connect Bug (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54960-xp-wireless-connect-bug.html)

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?= 02-05-2006 03:16 AM

XP Wireless Connect Bug

On "Choose a Wireless Network" screen,
it shows my D-link access point correctly, with 5 green bars showing. It
says "you are currently connected to this network", which is true, as I am
using it to access the Internet and post this msg.
However, the title line also says "Not Connected" and shows one star.
So I am connected but not connected, apparently.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 02-06-2006 07:58 PM

Re: XP Wireless Connect Bug

Hi
Unfortunately seeing a Good signal or seeing the name of your device in the
Wireless Properties, or the word Connected, does not mean that you have a
working connection.
Working connection would mean that a least you can log to the Router's Menus
system and browse them, or you can connect and exchange info with another
computer on the Network, or you can browse the Internet. If none of the
three is working it most likely you do not have a Functional Wireless
Connection.
Wireless - Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

=?Utf-8?B?RG91Zw==?= 02-08-2006 10:29 AM

Re: XP Wireless Connect Bug

well, I can do anything at all, including accessing secure sites, so I think
this message of not being connected when I am connected is just a good ole
bug, is misleading, and should be fixed in a service pack or update. I can do
all the things you listed.