Velocity Reviews

-   -   MCSE 2008 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t549518-mcse-2008-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?QWplc2g=?= 11-05-2007 07:24 PM

MCSE 2008

Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003, also
any books available.

Consultant 11-05-2007 09:12 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

yes, download them here:
http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials

kpg* 11-05-2007 10:02 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in news:erqKFC$HIHA.5132
@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

> yes, download them here:
> http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials
>
> "Ajesh" <Ajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003,
>> also
>> any books available.

THAT LINK IS BROKEN

CBIC 11-05-2007 10:11 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

"kpg*" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
news:Xns99DFA33F52C6Bipostthereforeiam@207.46.248. 16...
> "Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in news:erqKFC$HIHA.5132
> @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:
>
>> yes, download them here:
>> http://certsthatdontexistyet/getaclue/specials
>>
>> "Ajesh" <Ajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there exam available for Windows server 2008 upgrade from MCSE 2003,
>>> also
>>> any books available.

> THAT LINK IS BROKEN

he forgot the www

Raven 01-17-2008 06:50 AM

Re: MCSE 2008

even www wont works...

CBIC 01-17-2008 02:19 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

"Raven" <Raven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> even www wont works...

LOL

Mostly Gizzards 01-17-2008 09:06 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

I can't find anything about MCSE 2008, but I did find this
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx
Maybe that's because MCSE 2008 is a made-up certification? Hmm?

MG

Adamu Garba 01-17-2008 09:42 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

Lawrence Garvin 01-19-2008 03:25 AM

Re: MCSE 2008

"Mostly Gizzards" <mostlygizzards@geeeeemail.com> wrote in message
>I can't find anything about MCSE 2008, but I did find this
>http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...n/default.mspx

Which very explictly states what anybody who's actually paid attention
already knew...

The 70-649 merely provides accumulation of those three MCTS certs in a
single pop.

The MCITP certs have not yet been published as to requirements, but one can
speculate based on the training materials indicated in the exam spec pages
for the MCTS exams:

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, 70-647):
Enterprise Administrator Core Requirements (2008)

MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-640, 70-642, 70-646): Server
Administrator Core Requirements (2008)

The phrase "Core Requirements" does a fairly good job of implying that there
will be =additional= exam requirements to obtain the MCITP. My first guess
being the expected requirement to pass the 70-620 Vista exam, although, who
knows, maybe MS might finally drop the desktop skill requirement from the
administrator cert requirements. (I doubt it, though.)

I would also expect similar elective requirements as the current MCSE2003 --
ergo an elective for the MCITP:SA and a design exam (not yet published) for
the MCITP:EA.

Furthermore, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-646.mspx contains
this statement:

When you pass Exam 70-646: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator,
you earn credit toward the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator

The key phrase being.... "...earn credit TOWARD..." which has generally
meant that there's more to the show than just that one exam.

and http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-647.mspx says:

When you pass Exam 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise
Administrator you earn credit toward the following certification:

• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator

likewise... "..earn credit TOWARD..."

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Mostly Gizzards 01-19-2008 07:35 PM

Re: MCSE 2008

Good points.