Velocity Reviews

-   -   getting same e-mail many times (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t549034-getting-same-e-mail-many-times.html)

Jose A. Vigoa 11-03-2007 05:40 AM

getting same e-mail many times

I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.
Please advise.
thks,
Jose

Sunny 11-03-2007 05:46 AM

Re: getting same e-mail many times

"Jose A. Vigoa" <peppino5@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
>of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.

Turn the e'mail scan feature OFF

> Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

By design :-)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 11-03-2007 06:00 AM

Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
> I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
> rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
> Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

You seem to have a basic misunderstanding about one thing, Symantec and
Norton are one and the same. And they are absolute crap. They most
certainly will slow your computer. Go into Control Panel, Add/Remove
software and uninstall anything that is named either Norton or Symantec.
*All of them.* Download Avast antivirus, it's free and very good. Get it
at http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Then we'll work on the multiple copies of email if this doesn't help it.

Scott W 11-03-2007 09:56 AM

peppino5@worldnet.att.net a écrit dans le message de news:
> I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
> of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
> Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.
> Please advise.
> thks,
> Jose

IF you're recieving the same email many time, either it's
stuck on your server or someone keeps sending you the same
email everytime. How do you like them apples?

Why don't you just uninstall Norton? Sounds easy enough.
--
'Brother Can You Spare Another War?'

Jim McCardle 11-03-2007 01:58 PM

Re: getting same e-mail many times

Hi, this can happen if you do not get ALL your emails in a
send/recieve session. this can happen if you have an email scan for
virus program running and have a large email being downloaded.
Go into the tools/email accounts/options/advanced options and increse
the value of the server timeout figure to say 5 minutes or longer. If
you get an error downloading the emails then none get flagged as being
read or recieved and you get them all again (and again etc)
There may be a setting in the symantec email scanner but I do not use
that product so I am unable to help there, maybe have a look at their
website knowledge base.
hope this helps
Jim McCardle jmccardl@bigpond.net.au

Brett Kline 11-03-2007 05:06 PM

Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
> I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
> rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
> Symantic is slowing and making life difficult.
> Please advise.

Two common causes:

1) your Symantec/Norton email scanner is causing the problem. Try
disabling both incoming and outgoing email scanning.

2) corrupted headers can cause this problem on the mail server. If you
have web browser access to the problematic account, login and delete it.

nobody > 11-03-2007 09:49 PM

Jose A. Vigoa wrote:
> I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get
> rid of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
> Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.
> Please advise.
> thks,
> Jose

Norton (Norton WHAT?) is part of Symantec.

Plato 11-04-2007 08:29 AM

Jose A. Vigoa wrote:

> I am getting same e-mail many times (repeating) and also I want to get rid
> of Symantec e-mail scanner, as I have Norton.
> Symantic is slowing and making life dificult.

One does not need an email scannner. It's reduntant.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/