Velocity Reviews

-   -   Firefox Deer Park Unix: turning off drag&drop? (paper sheet icon) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54879-firefox-deer-park-unix-turning-off-drag-and-drop-paper-sheet-icon.html)

ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan 02-02-2006 10:40 PM

Firefox Deer Park Unix: turning off drag&drop? (paper sheet icon)

Hi,

I'm running Firefox Deer Park on FreeBSD. I'm running neither gnome nor KDE,
just the enlightenment window manager, and I have the PrefBar extension
installed.

I've got a pretty slow machine, and often when I get ahead of Firefox, or
just fumble finger the mouse, I get the icon of a sheet of paper which
follows the mouse and more or less freezes things up until I can get it
to go away. I gather this is some sort of drag & drop facility, something
for which I have absolutely no use. Is there some way to disable this?
I've looked in preferences and "about:config" without seeing anything which
looks promising...

Thanks!

Ted