Velocity Reviews

-   -   tray app msi (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t548426-tray-app-msi.html)

Gary HESCOTT 10-31-2007 06:06 PM

tray app msi

each time i start up i keep getting a box appear saying "tray app .msi " and
one saying "insert tray app disc" there is also a box referring to "windows
installer"
i have tried system restore but it still happens.
this all started when i had trouble with my hp printer.

can anyone please help.

meerkat 10-31-2007 06:58 PM

Re: tray app msi

"Gary HESCOTT" <gary.hescott@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> each time i start up i keep getting a box appear saying "tray app .msi "
> and one saying "insert tray app disc" there is also a box referring to
> "windows installer"
> i have tried system restore but it still happens.
> this all started when i had trouble with my hp printer.

Go have a read here, it should help...
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/ftopic26151.html

Tester 10-31-2007 07:43 PM

Re: tray app msi

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:06:28 GMT, "Gary HESCOTT"
<gary.hescott@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>each time i start up i keep getting a box appear saying "tray app .msi " and
>one saying "insert tray app disc" there is also a box referring to "windows
>installer"
>i have tried system restore but it still happens.
>this all started when i had trouble with my hp printer.
>
>can anyone please help.

Do you have msconfig installed? It comes with Windows but in my
experience it just stays compressed in I386.

1) Try Start Button, Run, msconfig.

2) If this works, go to step 10

3) Try start, run, cmd

This opens up a "DOS" window
4) CD \I386
5) expand -r msconfig.*
6) move msconfig.exe \windows\system32
7) move msconfig.chm \windows\system32

10) msconfig
11) (to close the "DOS" box you can type exit)

12) In MSCONFIG, hit the startup sheet on the right
13) Uncheck anything you don't want to run on startup
14) Hit OK

You will be asked if you want to restart your computer. This is up to
you. It will stop whatever you have unchecked from running next time
you boot your computer. msconfig will also come up until you say you
don't want it to come up.

PeeCee 10-31-2007 08:52 PM

Re: tray app msi

"Tester" <teest@test.org> wrote in message
news:d4mhi3d5aq5f2rh97ei8uanrrf9rl6k884@entropy.or g...
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:06:28 GMT, "Gary HESCOTT"
> <gary.hescott@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>each time i start up i keep getting a box appear saying "tray app .msi "
>>and
>>one saying "insert tray app disc" there is also a box referring to
>>"windows
>>installer"
>>i have tried system restore but it still happens.
>>this all started when i had trouble with my hp printer.
>>
>>can anyone please help.
>>

> Do you have msconfig installed? It comes with Windows but in my
> experience it just stays compressed in I386.
>
> 1) Try Start Button, Run, msconfig.
>
> 2) If this works, go to step 10
>
> 3) Try start, run, cmd
>
> This opens up a "DOS" window
> 4) CD \I386
> 5) expand -r msconfig.*
> 6) move msconfig.exe \windows\system32
> 7) move msconfig.chm \windows\system32
>
> 10) msconfig
> 11) (to close the "DOS" box you can type exit)
>
> 12) In MSCONFIG, hit the startup sheet on the right
> 13) Uncheck anything you don't want to run on startup
> 14) Hit OK
>
> You will be asked if you want to restart your computer. This is up to
> you. It will stop whatever you have unchecked from running next time
> you boot your computer. msconfig will also come up until you say you
> don't want it to come up.

Screwed up printer software.

The 'Tray App Disk' is the software disk that came with your printer.
Just put the disk in the drive and it 'should' find it and reinstall / fix
the problem.
(did one earlier this week)

Best
Paul.

chuckcar 10-31-2007 10:21 PM

Re: tray app msi

Tester <teest@test.org> wrote in
news:d4mhi3d5aq5f2rh97ei8uanrrf9rl6k884@entropy.or g:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:06:28 GMT, "Gary HESCOTT"
> <gary.hescott@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>each time i start up i keep getting a box appear saying "tray app .msi
>>" and one saying "insert tray app disc" there is also a box referring
>>to "windows installer"
>>i have tried system restore but it still happens.
>>this all started when i had trouble with my hp printer.
>>
>>can anyone please help.
>>

> Do you have msconfig installed? It comes with Windows but in my
> experience it just stays compressed in I386.
>
> 1) Try Start Button, Run, msconfig.
>
> 2) If this works, go to step 10

You mean step 12 of course.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Tony 11-01-2007 04:14 PM

Re: tray app msi

Found this on the internet
http://www.tabletquestions.com/windo...installer.html

Fortunately Chuckcar didn't find this one yet or everyone on the internet with
the same problem would all loused up by now.