Velocity Reviews

-   -   mod_python, ElementTree and Aapche 2.0 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t547363-mod_python-elementtree-and-aapche-2-0-a.html)

Rajarshi 10-27-2007 04:02 PM

mod_python, ElementTree and Aapche 2.0

Hi, this is a slightly vague question but I'm really puzzled as to
when I write a mod_python (3.1.3) program that makes use of
ElementTree and call it via a URL, the program simply stops when I do
something like

s = # some XML document in a string
root = XML(s)

There is no exception at all - the browser just shows a blank page

But running the code outside of the web server makes it run fine.

This is on a RHEL 4 machine, with Apache 2.0.52 and Python 2.3.4

Has anybody ever seen this type of behavior?

Thanks,

Graham Dumpleton 10-27-2007 09:34 PM

Re: mod_python, ElementTree and Aapche 2.0

On Oct 28, 3:02 am, Rajarshi <rajarshi.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this is a slightly vague question but I'm really puzzled as to
> when I write a mod_python (3.1.3) program that makes use of
> ElementTree and call it via a URL, the program simply stops when I do
> something like
>
> s = # some XML document in a string
> root = XML(s)
>
> There is no exception at all - the browser just shows a blank page
>
> But running the code outside of the web server makes it run fine.
>
> This is on a RHEL 4 machine, with Apache 2.0.52 and Python 2.3.4
>
> Has anybody ever seen this type of behavior?

Try reading:

http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPyth...ingApacheCrash

Graham