Velocity Reviews

-   -   Connecting laptop to PC (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54704-connecting-laptop-to-pc.html)

=?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?= 01-31-2006 03:27 AM

Connecting laptop to PC

Okay, I have a router, a PC, and 2 laptops. I used to have them all connected
together for a home wireless network or whatever you call it. I used to be
able to print stuff from my laptop wireless through the network when the
printer was hooked up to the PC. However, there were some problems with my
one laptop and I had to get the hardrive wiped. Now today I tried to connect
back up to the existing network, and there is no option to "Connect to
existing network" all you can do is set up a new network. I tried accessing
the workgroups, and it said my access was restricted.

Whats the deal? All I want is to hook back into my familys network and be
able to print and share files wirelessly.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\). 01-31-2006 08:04 PM

Re: Connecting laptop to PC

Hi

It seems that you have to check and see whether your computer Network is
configured correctly.

You can debug the Network Settings of a computer by following these steps.

Step One. Check the Network parameters in the Computer's Device Manager.
Make sure that the Network Card drivers are installed correctly; i.e. there
is No IRQ conflict, and No Ghost installation.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

Step Two. Verify Basic network setting in the OS:
http://www.ezlan.net/Installing#verify If the above two Steps indicates that
every thing looks good but functionally it does not work.

Step Three. Check (and repair if necessary) the Socket Layers, Winsock, and
or refresh the TCP/IP Stack. http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

If need to Reinstall; Log to this page it have a lot of links to
instructions for Windows Network
Installation -http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).