Velocity Reviews

-   -   Backup and Recovery (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t546681-backup-and-recovery.html)

=?Utf-8?B?SG9sbHl3b29kMDcyOA==?= 10-24-2007 06:52 PM

Backup and Recovery

I have about 30 or so servers out in a hosting environment doing multiple
things with different data on each server that needs to be backed up. I was
wondering what people are using out there for backup and recovery? Rather it
be software or hardware? I just don't believe that the windows backup agent
is sufficient enough. I was looking Acronis true image software, anyone
using this? The only con is the price, at $699 per server. I would like to
hear some responses on any suggestions or ideas anyone may have. Thanks.

Steve Ray 10-24-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Backup and Recovery

I use Symantec/Veritas Backup Exec V10

We use agents for all types of systems, oracle/SQL/Exchange as well as
typical OFO (Open File Options), we have around 60 servers. We do
incremental during the week and full at the weekend. All backups are D2D2T
and servers connected via gigabit onto the LAN

We have 2 dedicated servers that do all the backups over the LAN for speed

I wouldn't use the MS backup app for anything these days

Steve

=?Utf-8?B?SVQtTU9ORVk=?= 10-25-2007 03:03 PM

RE: Backup and Recovery

Backup exec System recovery . Disk to Disk backup is the way to go, its fast
effecient reliable.