Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   My HD setup (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t546230-my-hd-setup.html)

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 03:36 AM

My HD setup
 
I have a 1.4TB Sony PS3 set up now. Pics are on:

abse (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) they take OT posts all the
time. Mostly idiots posting pics of their dinner.

and abpm (alt.binaries.pictures.misc)

This depicts the RIGHT WAY to setup the PS3 with expanded drive
capacity, as one gets a 3.5" drive, which is WAY faster than a 2.5"
laptop drive, as well as removing the drive's generated heat from the PS3
case, as well as the heat that would have been generated providing the
laptop drive with power.

1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!

My other HD devices reside with it as well.

I hope you have a hanky for the drool!

Derek Janssen 10-23-2007 05:52 AM

Re: My HD setup
 
ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
> I have a 1.4TB Sony PS3 set up now. Pics are on:
>
> abse (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) they take OT posts all the
> time. Mostly idiots posting pics of their dinner.
>
> and abpm (alt.binaries.pictures.misc)
>
> This depicts the RIGHT WAY to setup the PS3 with expanded drive
> capacity, as one gets a 3.5" drive, which is WAY faster than a 2.5"
> laptop drive, as well as removing the drive's generated heat from the PS3
> case, as well as the heat that would have been generated providing the
> laptop drive with power.
>
> 1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!
>
> My other HD devices reside with it as well.


Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
-use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...

-_-

(Aww, I can't go through with it--
Remember when he used to be more *interesting* than just an AV-club geek
who thought we cared about weird old stuff?)

Derek Janssen (it's a loss to the group, yes, but we'll get over it)
ejanss1@verizon.net

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 06:06 AM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 05:52:02 GMT, Derek Janssen
<ejanss1@nospam.verizon.net> wrote:

>ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
>> I have a 1.4TB Sony PS3 set up now. Pics are on:
>>
>> abse (alt.binaries.schematics.electronic) they take OT posts all the
>> time. Mostly idiots posting pics of their dinner.
>>
>> and abpm (alt.binaries.pictures.misc)
>>
>> This depicts the RIGHT WAY to setup the PS3 with expanded drive
>> capacity, as one gets a 3.5" drive, which is WAY faster than a 2.5"
>> laptop drive, as well as removing the drive's generated heat from the PS3
>> case, as well as the heat that would have been generated providing the
>> laptop drive with power.
>>
>> 1.4TB 750GB for PS3, and 750GB for Linux!
>>
>> My other HD devices reside with it as well.

>
>Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
>-use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...


Old school? You're an idiot.

HD DVD is a NEW format, dipshit. Blu Ray is a NEW format, dipshit.

Keeping the PS3 cooler by putting the HD OUTSIDE of the case is MODERN
Physics, idiot!

The HDs are perpendicular mode, high end NEW devices.

An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

The Philips HDMI player is a NEW disc reader.

The Sony 5 disc changer is the only old piece of hardware in the stack,
and it is far newer than the horseshit you spew.
>
>-_-
>
>(Aww, I can't go through with it--


You're too retarded to come up with any new material. With you, it is
always the same old ****.

>Remember when he used to be more *interesting* than just an AV-club geek
>who thought we cared about weird old stuff?)


Except there was/is nothing weird or old about what I showed, you
retarded ****.

>Derek Janssen (it's a loss to the group, yes, but we'll get over it)
>ejanss1@verizon.net


So says the self proclaimed know-it-all of the group that really doesn't
know much at all.

Doug Jacobs 10-23-2007 07:04 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
ChairmanOfTheBored <RUBored@crackasmile.org> wrote:
> >Oh-dear...Your-old-school-tech-is-way-cool-er-than-the-PS3-I
> >-use-to-watch-my-Blu-Ray-disk-of-...


> Old school? You're an idiot.


> HD DVD is a NEW format, dipshit. Blu Ray is a NEW format, dipshit.


His post was being sarcastic, dipshit.

> Keeping the PS3 cooler by putting the HD OUTSIDE of the case is MODERN
> Physics, idiot!


As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?

Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
Physics" are such a concern to you?

> The HDs are perpendicular mode, high end NEW devices.


Who cares? - can you honestly say you're going to need 750GB of space for
PS3-related downloads?

> An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.


Who cares? It's still slower than the one inside the 360.

> The Philips HDMI player is a NEW disc reader.


Who cares? I have a upscaling DVD player too with HDMI, but you don't see
me doing the "hey look at 'lack-of-penis' AV stack!" BS posts you are.

Do you even have time to enjoy your phallus replacement? I mean, you
spend an awful lot of time here. Just saying, that's all...

> The Sony 5 disc changer is the only old piece of hardware in the stack,
> and it is far newer than the horseshit you spew.


Who cares? Why are you using that old thing at all? Doesn't just looking
at its outdated visage just cause your skin to burn?

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:33 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>As if the PS3 has overheating problems with the drive being on the inside?



The PS3 runs quite hot, drive or no drive. No drive certainly means
cooler running. Do you really need to do any math?

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:33 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>Why haven't you installed liquid cooling for your PS3 if heat and "MODERN
>Physics" are such a concern to you?



How do you know that I won't?

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:38 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>Who cares? - can you honestly say you're going to need 750GB of space for
>PS3-related downloads?



Purchased, DISC based games typically utilize 6 to ten GB of HD space
each. I can also DIVX, and then re-code my current DVD collection to
play on the PS3 from the hard drive, as well as my HD DVD collection.
Very much the same way I can make a 1GB file from one of my DVDs for my
PS3. Exactly the same, in fact.

It also hold Photos, and MP3s, Etc., Etc.

The drives were right at $100 each with a 5 year warranty. More than
that for the chincy, slow access, low capacity laptop drives it comes
with.

Were you born yesterday, boy?

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:39 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>> An 8800GTS is a NEW video card.

>
>Who cares? It's still slower than the one inside the 360.



No, it isn't, and the card I mentioned is the card in my PC, not the
PS3, console war boy.

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:40 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>Who cares? I have a upscaling DVD player too with HDMI, but you don't see
>me doing the "hey look at 'lack-of-penis' AV stack!" BS posts you are.



Funny. I'll bet my penis is bigger than yours is as well.

Nice, low maturity level you are sporting there, Johnny boy.

ChairmanOfTheBored 10-23-2007 10:47 PM

Re: My HD setup
 
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:04:25 -0000, Doug Jacobs <djacobs@shell.rawbw.com>
wrote:

>Do you even have time to enjoy your phallus replacement? I mean, you
>spend an awful lot of time here. Just saying, that's all...



Grow the **** up, you little pussy boy retard.

BTW, isn't YOUR "phallus replacement" your precious DVD list, and your
occasional stupid post here about what is coming out?

If you were any more immature, I'd swear that you just got your first
pubic hair.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.