Velocity Reviews

-   -   AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54587-amds-ferrari-collaboration-at-bit-tech-net.html)

Silverstrand 01-28-2006 02:29 AM

AMD's Ferrari collaboration at bit-tech.net

Ferrari launched its new Formula 1 car this week. Designed and tested with AMD processors, we were there to get the lowdown on the technology collaboration straight from the IT guys themselves. We grabbed some nice pictures, too.

http://www.bit-tech.net/content_imag...nch/fp_img.jpg

Quote: "First up, we quizzed Michael Schumacher. Ferrari has been able to get its car ready for testing comparatively early compared to previous years. How important has the simulation and telemetry data processing been to you and team?

"Well, obviously telemetry data is very important to us; it is crucial in designing the car," he told us."Our computer systems have been crucial, and we have very good partners in this respect. We have traditionally strong in these areas, perhaps more so than other teams... We hope to repeat this success again this season.""

Link:
http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2006/01..._launch/1.html