Velocity Reviews

-   -   thunderbird - back and forward buttons greyed out (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t545799-thunderbird-back-and-forward-buttons-greyed-out.html)

TH O 10-21-2007 04:31 AM

thunderbird - back and forward buttons greyed out

On Thunderbird 2, the back and forward buttons are always greyed out and
we should be able to click on the forward button to go to the next
message. I'm seeing this at work and home. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks.

Gualtier Malde 10-21-2007 04:33 PM

Re: thunderbird - back and forward buttons greyed out

TH O wrote:
> On Thunderbird 2, the back and forward buttons are always greyed out and
> we should be able to click on the forward button to go to the next
> message. I'm seeing this at work and home. Anyone have a solution?
>
> Thanks.

FWIW: I have had my Forward button greyed out for as long as I can remember. I
think I posted a question about it here (perhaps a year ago) and can't recall
what the response was. I use "N" when I am scrolling through or want to be find
all of the new postings.

Chuck

TH O 10-21-2007 05:52 PM

Re: thunderbird - back and forward buttons greyed out

In article <tsKdndBaMp5-44banZ2dnUVZ_rfinZ2d@comcast.com>,
Gualtier Malde <valacapt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> TH O wrote:
> > On Thunderbird 2, the back and forward buttons are always greyed out and
> > we should be able to click on the forward button to go to the next
> > message. I'm seeing this at work and home. Anyone have a solution?
> >
> > Thanks.

> FWIW: I have had my Forward button greyed out for as long as I can remember.
> think I posted a question about it here (perhaps a year ago) and can't recall
> what the response was. I use "N" when I am scrolling through or want to be
> find
> all of the new postings.
>
> Chuck

It's weird. The buttons have never really worked properly in
Thunderbird. When they worked they would jump from unread messages in
one mailbox to another mailbox which is silly. The behavior has even
dumber when you did a search but couldn't click the forward button to go
through one message at a time.