Velocity Reviews

-   Microsoft Certification (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f24-microsoft-certification.html)
-   -   Corrupt Windows XP System (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54513-corrupt-windows-xp-system.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybA==?= 01-26-2006 08:37 PM

Corrupt Windows XP System

While attempting to update Norton Antivirus something happened that caused
all of my icons to loose focus. I ran the installation CD and selected and
completed the repair option. Did not help. Any Ideas?

Gerard Bok 01-26-2006 09:32 PM

Re: Corrupt Windows XP System

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:37:02 -0800, "=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybA==?="
<Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>While attempting to update Norton Antivirus something happened that caused
>all of my icons to loose focus. I ran the installation CD and selected and
>completed the repair option. Did not help. Any Ideas?

Icons out of focus ?
Are you looking at an LCD or TFT screen ?

If that's the case, the solution is simple.
Right-click on an empty spot on your desktop.
Select Properties (last option) - Settings (last option).
Make sure your screen resolution matches your screen.
14" or 15" = 1024 x 768
17" or 19" = 1280 x 1024.
For widescreen models: refer to the documentation.
Confirm the change, problem solved :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok