Velocity Reviews

-   -   Muting sounds in MS Internet Explorer 7? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t544266-muting-sounds-in-ms-internet-explorer-7-a.html)

XYZxyzee@AOL.COM 10-15-2007 04:45 AM

Muting sounds in MS Internet Explorer 7?

Very sorry about this question, but when I have the "Play sounds in
webpages" option unchecked for "Multimedia" in the "Internet
Options" ("Advanced") of my Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 web browser,
it doesn't seem to work at all...sounds are still played automatically
when loading webpages that feature sound, that is. So could anybody
please help? Thank you.

XYZxyzee@aol.com 11-20-2007 12:56 PM

Re: Muting sounds in MS Internet Explorer 7?

Sorry, but why is it that I haven't gotten any replies? Am I doing
anything wrong? If so, then I'm very sorry about whatever it is, but
could anybody at least please tell me what it is so that I'll know not
to do it again next time? Can't anybody just please try to help me?
Thank you.

Paul 11-20-2007 07:24 PM

XYZxyzee@aol.com wrote:
> Sorry, but why is it that I haven't gotten any replies? Am I doing
> anything wrong? If so, then I'm very sorry about whatever it is, but
> could anybody at least please tell me what it is so that I'll know not
> to do it again next time? Can't anybody just please try to help me?
> Thank you.

It is what happens, when nobody knows the answer to your question :-)

Don't take it personal.

One reason why there would be fewer answers, is you asked a question about
IE7. Not everyone uses IE7 (I don't). I suppose you could contact
Microsoft, and ask them under what conditions their options work.

This is your original question:

Very sorry about this question, but when I have the "Play sounds in
webpages" option unchecked for "Multimedia" in the "Internet
Options" ("Advanced") of my Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 web browser,
it doesn't seem to work at all...sounds are still played automatically
when loading webpages that feature sound, that is. So could anybody
please help? Thank you.

OK, to begin with, you have to differentiate between whatever Explorer
uses for native sound production, from Adobe Flash player sound output.
It could be, that the animations you see on web pages, are Flash.

My solution to the problem, is to use two browsers. I use Firefox most of
the time, and in that browser, I removed the Flash plugin. No sound problem
there. In my IE6, I leave Flash enabled. Then, if I run into a site that
uses nothing but Flash, and I need some information, I use IE6.

It seems the options I posted here, don't include Internet Explorer, so
perhaps this won't help you with Flash stuff.

http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.co...a?dmode=source

Paul