Velocity Reviews

-   -   michael.rankine (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t544031-michael-rankine.html)

Michael Rankine 10-13-2007 01:51 PM

michael.rankine

hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

ellis_jay 10-13-2007 02:14 PM

Re: michael.rankine

Michael Rankine wrote:
> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting it
and turning the casters clockwise.

You are very welcome.

--
When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

Aardvark 10-13-2007 02:22 PM

Re: michael.rankine

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:

> Michael Rankine wrote:
>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
> it and turning the casters clockwise.
>
> You are very welcome.
>
> --
> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
> welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
>
> Ellis_Jay

Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
(that's the enter ket :-))'.

--
John Brendan Doherty 1922-2007
Soldier, Father, Grandfather, Admirable man.

Evan Platt 10-13-2007 02:49 PM

Re: michael.rankine

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:51:34 GMT, "Michael Rankine"
<michael.rankine@tesco.net> wrote:

>hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

Bummer.

TJ 10-13-2007 02:49 PM

Re: michael.rankine

Aardvark <Aardvark@youllnever.know> wrote in news:4x4Qi.26707$HW.18750
@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
>
>> Michael Rankine wrote:
>>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
>>
>> You are very welcome.
>>
>> --
>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
>> welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
>>
>> Ellis_Jay

> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
> (that's the enter ket :-))'.

I don't use one, but I always thought a proper delimiter was hyphen,
hyphen, SPACE, hard return?

Besides, both OE and Xnews recognize Ellis_Jay's sig as being properly
delimited and trim it when I hit reply. Maybe you're having a problem with
Pan? You said something in a post I read a short while ago about a link
not showing up correctly within it as well, I believe.

Another 10-13-2007 04:20 PM

Re: michael.rankine

Michael Rankine wrote:
> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

Your ISP has implemented an idiot filter and evidently it is working.

Blinky the Shark 10-13-2007 04:24 PM

Re: michael.rankine

Aardvark wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:14:05 -0500, ellis_jay wrote:
>
>> Michael Rankine wrote:
>>> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
>>
>> You are very welcome.
>>
>> --
>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do not
>> welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes
>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
>>
>> Ellis_Jay

> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard return
> (that's the enter ket :-))'.

No, it should be hypen hyphen SPACE return.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark 10-13-2007 04:25 PM

Re: michael.rankine

Michael Rankine wrote:
> hi,.i cannot get onto the internet, michael.rankine

Enshrined! :)

Aardvark 10-13-2007 04:48 PM

Re: michael.rankine

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:49:51 -0500, TJ wrote:

> Aardvark <Aardvark@youllnever.know> wrote in news:4x4Qi.26707$HW.18750
> @newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

>>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
>>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
>>>
>>> You are very welcome.
>>>
>>> --
>>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
>>> not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness
>>> causes
>>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
>>>
>>> Ellis_Jay

>> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard
>> return (that's the enter ket :-))'.
>>

> I don't use one, but I always thought a proper delimiter was hyphen,
> hyphen, SPACE, hard return?

Sorry, brain fart. Didn't realise I'd missed a bit until I re-read my
post just now.

D'oh!

Aardvark 10-13-2007 04:50 PM

Re: michael.rankine

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 16:24:37 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Aardvark wrote:

>>> Hi. Try adjusting the heighth by turning the internet over or tilting
>>> it and turning the casters clockwise.
>>>
>>> You are very welcome.
>>>
>>> --
>>> When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
>>> not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness
>>> causes
>>> the trouble. ___John Steinbeck
>>>
>>> Ellis_Jay

>> Ellis- fix your sig delimiter. It should be 'hyphen, hyphen, hard
>> return (that's the enter ket :-))'.

> No, it should be hypen hyphen SPACE return.

Blinky see my reply to TJ. Once again: D'oh! :-)

All I can surmise is that I thought 'space', hit the Space key after I
typed 'hard return' and forgot entirely to type the word. My typing style
is single finger pick 'n peck. :-)