Velocity Reviews

-   -   Vista; digital photo question? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t543735-vista-digital-photo-question.html)

Bruce Grant 10-12-2007 03:18 AM

Vista; digital photo question?

How (or can) do I reduce the size of my digital pictures when attaching to
an email? I'm using Vista, do I have the option to reduce the file size?
Sending 3m photo attachments is filling up friends/families inboxs. Seems
like I recall having that option in XP but can't find in Vista, new digital
camera as well.

Thanks

Fred 10-12-2007 10:27 AM

Re: Vista; digital photo question?

Bruce Grant wrote:
> How (or can) do I reduce the size of my digital pictures when
> attaching to an email? I'm using Vista, do I have the option to
> reduce the file size? Sending 3m photo attachments is filling up
> friends/families inboxs. Seems like I recall having that option in
> XP but can't find in Vista, new digital camera as well.

Vista offers that as a part of the photo gallery area.
Small video here
http://www.zdnet.com.au/insight/soft...9274853,00.htm

Evan Platt 10-12-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Vista; digital photo question?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:18:00 -0400, "Bruce Grant"
<bgrant1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>How (or can) do I reduce the size of my digital pictures when attaching to
>an email? I'm using Vista, do I have the option to reduce the file size?
>Sending 3m photo attachments is filling up friends/families inboxs. Seems
>like I recall having that option in XP but can't find in Vista, new digital
>camera as well.

Use a photo editor, The Gimp is good and free.

Candy Applez 10-12-2007 08:12 PM

Re: Vista; digital photo question?

right click on the picture itself, choose send to mail recipient, choose
make my picture smaller